Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2006 11:09:38 AM EDT
I hate Trail Glades range and their damn Nazi range officers (no offense to the people, just the policy)

I'd love to do a Dade County shoot SOMEWHERE in Dade county.  Judging from the FL member locator, we have more than enough guys to have a good time.

Anyone know a good place to do it? Let's do this thing!
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:12:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Tomorrow if I make it by the shop, I'll see if I can grab some angle iron or any other kinda scrap(or soon to be scrap) that i can scrounge up for target stands and i'll drill/bolt'em together for the occasion. I have a spot in homestead, if not whatever you guys decide on.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:41:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Tomorrow if I make it by the shop, I'll see if I can grab some angle iron or any other kinda scrap(or soon to be scrap) that i can scrounge up for target stands and i'll drill/bolt'em together for the occasion. I have a spot in homestead, if not whatever you guys decide on.

Your spot in Homesatead. Is it ok to shoot there?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:48:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your spot in Homesatead. Is it ok to shoot there?

been shootin' there since the second half of '01, never a problem...got stopped by FWC once the first time i was out there, and that was only because they needed a translator, and to tell us to pick up our trash/targets
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 8:51:59 PM EDT
[#4]
sounds good.

when do we want to do this thing?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:21:29 AM EDT
[#5]
whatever you guys decide on...i'm easy, and genrally have the weekends off
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:12:03 PM EDT
[#6]
well hell, CARPE DIEM, let's do it this weekend! what's sunday look like?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:53:18 PM EDT
[#7]
that will work, as a matter of fact, I planned on taking my buddy who just got(or will be picking it up thurs) an AR out on sunday

eta: just found out I may be working on sunday.....but thats a 50/50thing i won't know if i'm not untill sat around 5-6pm.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:01:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Count me in.  

FYI.  The guys at work usually rent a range out west in Homestead (West of Krome on Mowry - "Eagle Tactics").  It used to run $75 for 4 hours and $150 for the full day.  They said it would support about 12 active positions at once.  I was going to check today to see if the prices were still good, but fell asleep when I got home this afternoon after spending 19 straight hours at work.  A bunch of guys from work use this place, but they think it's booked for a tactical class this weekend.  I'll check tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:57:08 PM EDT
[#9]
that place in homestead sounds like the right price: free

I have some stuff I would like to shoot up that most ranges wouldnt like (a computer, maybe two)
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:10:32 PM EDT
[#10]
JoeyA...

Don't forget the spot we shot at last year. My cousin was there last Sunday and it's also G2G.

I'd like to attend, but work dictates my days off. I'll have to play it by ear.

Hopefully, you guys won't mind a Broward/Ex-Miami shooter joining you.

I'll let you know.

HS1
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:22:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
that place in homestead sounds like the right price: free

I have some stuff I would like to shoot up that most ranges wouldnt like (a computer, maybe two)

thats good, i have some monitors, that either need a good home, or need to be "put down"

JoeyA...

Don't forget the spot we shot at last year. My cousin was there last Sunday and it's also G2G.

I'd like to attend, but work dictates my days off. I'll have to play it by ear.

I'll let you know.

HS1

That will work just as well, hell I think your spot would probrably be better anyhow, my spot depending on the numbers, at the 200yd + side is kinda cramped. While the plinking side is good enough to accomodate a good amount of people....since i drive a company car, i couldn't get angle iron, but my neighbor works for the county as a welder and trips over the stuff there, and hes going to make us some target stands for the ocassion.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:59:42 PM EDT
[#12]

TAG

Trailglades policies (probably because it is a public range)

People

I am ready to shoot more than one round every five seconds

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:59:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
TAG

Trailglades policies (probably because it is a public range)

People

I am ready to shoot more than one round every five seconds

My AR has never fired faster than 1 round every 5 seconds.... it's like a ferrari without a speeding ticket!
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:16:50 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Hopefully, you guys won't mind a Broward/Ex-Miami shooter joining you. HS1

Glad to have you there HS1.  Hope your schedule allows.  

Since this will be my first time there, someone's gonna have to provide directions for me.  As for time, the earlier the better, family commitments later in the day.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 6:28:49 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll let you know.

HS1

Glad to have you there HS1.  Hope your schedule allows.  

Since this will be my first time there, someone's gonna have to provide directions for me.  As for time, the earlier the better, family commitments later in the day.

Same here.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:38:44 PM EDT
[#16]
i'm free all day, so whatever works for you guys
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:56:29 PM EDT
[#17]

Just need:

Day

Timeframe

Directions

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:40:58 AM EDT
[#18]
How Does this sound?

Date: Sunday 03/05/2006

Start Time: 09:00

Joey: can you provide directions?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:30:24 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm interested in a Dade shoot too.   I can't make it this weekend, but if this thing gets off the ground, hopefully it will become an ongoing event.  

We need to cast off the yoke of the public range and let our black rifles enjoy the freedom of rapid fire, as the gods intended.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 9:54:31 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

We need to cast off the yoke of the public range and let our black rifles enjoy the freedom of rapid fire, as the gods intended.  

SOLID!
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:08:45 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
How Does this sound?

If were doing behind the motorsports cmplex, then its kinda hard to tell someone how to get there, the easiest way would be to meet up somewhere central to us all and go from there....

Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:20:12 PM EDT
[#22]
anyone got any TANNERITE?
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:40:38 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
anyone got any TANNERITE?

thought that was your dept, after all it is in your s/n
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:59:21 PM EDT
[#24]
any word on the directions?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:29:33 AM EDT
[#25]
well the easiest way is to pretend like you going to the Keys via card sound, 7mi. down card sound there is a road you turn off of. go down the road and make a left....make first right(you'll see an abandoned van that is well ventilatted.), after you make first right the road splits, if you goto the right it takes you to the open area(plinking/skeet) and if you goto the left, thats where you can step back about 200yrds
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:00:52 PM EDT
[#26]
I had a thought, why not all meet at the Florida City WalMart.  Its close to the shoot and open 24 hours.  That way, in case anybody needs to pick up any last minute supplies or ammo we can get it there.  I'll be there at 08:30, that should put us onsite by 09:00.

Bueller.........Bueller.....anybody?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:34:03 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I had a thought, why not all meet at the Florida City WalMart.  Its close to the shoot and open 24 hours.  That way, in case anybody needs to pick up any last minute supplies or ammo we can get it there.  I'll be there at 08:30, that should put us onsite by 09:00.

whatever the group decides, i'm easy
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:06:59 PM EDT
[#28]
i'm in for the wal mart thing.

what do we have for targets?  paper, or is somoene bringing a washing machine or somehting?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:49:10 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

cool

but 0830
but hey to do some shooting
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 4:59:08 AM EDT
[#30]
I'll be with you in spirit...

Post up some pics if you can.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:55:12 AM EDT
[#31]
i'm there
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 1:09:40 PM EDT
[#32]

To recap:

Quoted:
How Does this sound?

Location: 0830 at Florida City Walmart  33501 S Dixie Hwy Homestead, FL 33034

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:03:52 PM EDT
[#33]
I'll bring the following

10x10 Quick Shade
Some Camp Chairs
Cooler with Ice and some soft drinks.

Oh and did I mention.....

MY FIRST AR!    WOOT!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 5:53:59 PM EDT
[#34]
t minus 35 hours and 7 minutes and counting.......
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 2:47:14 PM EDT
[#35]
i'll be there at the walmart at 0830. what's the rally point? I nominate the ammo counter.  

I'm bringing:

16" DPMS M4gery with ACOG
Beretta 92 with fun customizations
Mossberg 590
Kel Tec P3AT

Also bringing a bunch of shoot-n-sees
Various bottles and cans (emptying the recycle bin!

is there access for water to fill jugs with?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 4:38:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Got the stands made, so I'll be there at 8:30ish as well, I'm going to park by the tire care center, since it's closer to the ammo dept. I'll be wearing camo pants and an "Edd Helms Tower Division" hat
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 5:10:30 PM EDT
[#37]
See Ya in the AM by Automotive.  Driving a Silver Dodge Quad Cab w/ American Flag and Eagle on Rear Window.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 6:22:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Great fun yesterday .  Just a short post here.

Participants:
1. Napoleon_Tanerite
2. JoeyA
3. MiamiARFan
4. danpass

Weapons:
1. AR15 with ACOG, Mossberg 12ga pump (with bayonet ), Beretta 92, Kel-Tec
2. AR15, 8mm Mauser (BOOM ), Beretta 92
3. AR15, 1911, Taurus Millenium
4. M1 Carbine with subsequently broken mag catch , Beretta 92
any others?

Lessons Learned:
A.  Its fun shooting without any specific range rules

B.  Its fun shooting with laid-back people who understand firearm safety (hence not needing any cast-iron range rules )

C.  Its fun shooting as fast or as slow as you want, and its not any dangerous to fire fast. HA!

D.  Crosswinds really affect bullet travel

E.  Headwinds affect bullet travel

F.  Tailwinds affect bullet travel

G.  There was a lot of wind

H.  It is still possible to hit the small gong about 250yds out using an AR15 with an ACOG (good work N_T)

I.  It is surprisingly easy to put rounds on target while walking, changing mags and shooting rapidly while using a Beretta 92

J.  Sealed, shaken-up, Pespi cans do make a nice cloud but not like one-gallon water jugs (we didn't have any jugs, see Box-of-Truth)

K.  It IS possible to shoot an AR15 one-handed, ghetto style for multiple rounds.

J.  It is NOT possible to shoot a 12ga one-handed, ghetto style for multiple rounds (what I mean is that it falls out of your hand on the first shot)

L.  Even at close range, pistol rounds (45 or 9mm) will NOT penetrate 1/4" thick steel, neither will buckshot.

M.  Rifle rounds will pretty much penetrate anything and multiple rounds will chip away at concrete pretty well

N.  Bayonets penetrate paper and carboard very easily (accurate too )

O.  It was a good thing we brought water and Gatorade to drink

P.  Its good to have more ammo than you need

Q.  It is surprisingly easy to put rounds on target while walking, changing mags and shooting rapidly while using a rifle

R.  You can eat a food bar, chew and still put rounds on target, one-handed, using a Beretta 92

S.  A plastic bottle shoved onto the end of a vertical stick is surprisingly durable.  Multiple pistol, rifle and shotgun rounds fired at it, all at the same time (think the Predator movie), at less than 10feet, do not knock it down (lots of holes, but it stays put )

T.  The legend about ricochets is way over-rated .  Blowing up concrete blocks is a different matter .

U.  Tracer rounds are still visible during the day

V.  Bump-firing is cool

W.  Rounds go fast when bump-firing

X.  An assistant was required to keep mags loaded

Y.  Having a canopy, large table, and some chairs made life A LOT easier (thanks MiamiARfan).

Z.  It was a beautiful sunny day and shooting was fun .  Major thanks go to JoeyA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top