Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/24/2006 2:17:53 PM EDT
Hey Guys, New to the site, New to AR's
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 3:44:45 PM EDT
[#1]
welcome, it can be a very unhealthy addiction to your wallet.

eta: where in miami are you? Cutler Rigdge/Perrine area here
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 6:25:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/24/2006 8:58:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I hate Miami.... i cant wait to leave.  (3 months until freedom)

no offense.

Welcome to our little piece of the interweb. some things to know:

kill it with fire
belt fed
you can't bring fire on the plane
nuking from orbit is the only way to be sure
get both
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:11:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Welcome aboard!  

Now get on over to the "Florida Member Locator" thread and check in with 4get_No1.  

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=10&t=216624
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:39:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys,

Joey:  I'm down in Palmetto Bay

600Nitro:  Thanks!

Napoleon: I know what you mean, some days when I'm stuck in traffic, I just want to keep driving North until I hit some place a little less hectic.  Good Luck, where are you going to?

Osprey:  Thanks, I'll go check in on the locator.

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:10:42 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Napoleon: I know what you mean, some days when I'm stuck in traffic, I just want to keep driving North until I hit some place a little less hectic.  Good Luck, where are you going to?

I'm finishing up ROTC at UMiami right now.  I'm on my way to pilot school *somewhere* soon after graduation/commissioning
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 12:56:53 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in south Dade west of the Miami Metro Zoo.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:20:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Joey:  I'm down in Palmetto Bay

cool, i'm just a stones throw away, prolly even seen me driving around, i spend lots of time over there. off of 174th & 89 & 93aves
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:34:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Im here in the Weschester area by SW 107ave and Bird rd
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:26:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Cool, looks like we've got enough S. Dader's to get a shoot together some time in the future.  What do you guys think about that?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:30:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I'm finishing up ROTC at UMiami right now.  I'm on my way to pilot school *somewhere* soon after graduation/commissioning

UM Grad here myself, Go Canes!  Transplant from Upstate NY myself, been here for almost 30 yrs now.  Could never return (at least now with Billary in power...hehe)
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:53:05 AM EDT
[#12]
One more checking in. In the MDCC South area. A get together shoot would be great. Pop's anyone?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 5:49:59 AM EDT
[#13]
we could even go behind the motor sports complex too, I'll even go and make tareget stands for the paper
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:05:22 AM EDT
[#14]
I have a mig welder if needed.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:08:00 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm definately in for a shoot!I hate Trail Glades and their range nazi's.  I've got some Air Force guys who would be in for it too.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 10:23:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Upper East Siiiiiiiide here.  (near Miami Shores)  

I've been to TG, but I prefer Markham.  Either way I spend an hour driving.  Unlike wing-nut Napoleon with his 3 months to freedom, I'm stuck here indefinitely.  Fark this place.  

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:42:24 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm in palmetto bay as well.  Near Southwood middle.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:36:26 PM EDT
[#18]
hell...didn't know there were that many Miami people around my area.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 4:49:37 PM EDT
[#19]
North Miami checking in.

How many of you show up at Markham Park on the last Tues of every month for the South Florida Defensive Carbine matches?  We'd like to see you ALL there.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 2:51:43 PM EDT
[#20]
I didn't even know about it till you said something.  I'd love to come out and try on Tuesday, but time off is scarce around my job what with all of the work we've got going on.  How much does it cost?
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:45:46 PM EDT
[#21]
theres a south florida pistol club 3-gun match on the 3rd tuesday of every month as well.  Bring your pistola, scattergun, and carbine.  Its at markham park as well.  time 7pm sign up.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:18:43 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
North Miami checking in.

How many of you show up at Markham Park on the last Tues of every month for the South Florida Defensive Carbine matches?  We'd like to see you ALL there.

I was there Tuesday night. Placed 14th. Had to knock the rust off.

Where you there?

HS1
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:41:04 AM EDT
[#23]
homestead here have any of you ever gone to the range out by the homestead airport I think the guy name there is henry from whaat I hear you can shoot any style you prefer
Directions to the Homestead Range
From the Turnpike: Take the Turnpike to SW 312 Street / Campbell Drive (Exit 2), turn left going west on SW 312 (Campbell Drive) to Krome Avenue, turn left going South on Krome Avenue to Mowry Drive, turn right going West on Mowry all the way to the end. Go across SW 217 Avenue westbound on dirt road. As you pass a small house on the right, turn right behind the house, turn left immediately and follow that road to the end of the property. On the day of the course we'll have "Eagle Tactics" signs on the dirt road.

Link Posted: 3/4/2006 9:57:52 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
homestead here have any of you ever gone to the range out by the homestead airport I think the guy name there is henry from whaat I hear you can shoot any style you prefer
Directions to the Homestead Range
From the Turnpike: Take the Turnpike to SW 312 Street / Campbell Drive (Exit 2), turn left going west on SW 312 (Campbell Drive) to Krome Avenue, turn left going South on Krome Avenue to Mowry Drive, turn right going West on Mowry all the way to the end. Go across SW 217 Avenue westbound on dirt road. As you pass a small house on the right, turn right behind the house, turn left immediately and follow that road to the end of the property. On the day of the course we'll have "Eagle Tactics" signs on the dirt road.

No, but some friends of mine have used it before.  They say it's pretty nice.  Cost is $75 for 1/2 day or $150 full day, and he'll lock the gate for your private use.  If we get enough guys together I say we could try it.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:09:22 AM EDT
[#25]
$7.50 a peice for 10 guys to have a range for half a day aint bad at all I'm down for that thats acualy cheaper than if you go bt your self which I think is $8
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 12:23:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Lakes by the Bay checking in here.  I'm also in to FALs also.

If you are talking about the East Glades range on the south west corner of the the Homestead Regional Airport, I use it once in a while.  I enjoy it, not much in the way of rules and never crowded.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 1:45:12 PM EDT
[#27]
I just finished welding two stand together out of angle iron, I think I made them a little wide, they're 20", but what the hell, thats what tape is for right?
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 10:19:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Metro Zoo area here! Hated Miami till i left  for a couple years of duty. Now even though it has its snags I love this place!

Khem
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top