Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2006 7:49:15 PM EDT
I was looking for information about the Desoto Gun club and didn't find much searching the forums here or searching the web site I found for it (http://www.desotogunclub.org/). I figured I'd ask here before trying to contact someone there directly.

Can you shoot there as a non-member?

If so, does anyone happen to have any other good information to offer up about the range?

I'm going on a little camping trip near the range this coming weekend, and figured it would be fun to take my weapons in the hopes that I can hit up the range there.

thanks ahead of time for any information you can provide

ben
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 1:21:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Must be a member or accompanied by a member.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:45:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

And it's not worth paying for a membership simply to shoot one day.  What day(s) will you be going out and I'll talk to a friend who lives in Arcadia who is a member?  I'll see if he can accompany you the day(s) you're out there.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:10:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I think they have an open to the public day on the last sunday of every month, not positive though.
They have a 100 yard range and a 200 yard range as well as bowling pin pistol range and two other 50 yard ranges. You have to be an NRA member to join $35.- plus $65.- a year for the range.
The place is on about 20 acres and usually empty except for sunday mornings.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:26:51 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I think they have an open to the public day on the last sunday of every month, not positive though.

It's been ages since I've been out there, but I do believe you're correct.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 5:58:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And it's not worth paying for a membership simply to shoot one day.  What day(s) will you be going out and I'll talk to a friend who lives in Arcadia who is a member?  I'll see if he can accompany you the day(s) you're out there.

Thanks a lot for the offer but I don't need to bother a stranger about this, I get to shoot enough and it isn't that big of a deal.

Seeing that the Hernando Machine gun shoot is only about 45 minutes away, I'll probably go to that now if I can =)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top