Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/15/2006 9:12:49 AM EDT
What are some decent rifle ranges around the West Palm Beach area?

All I know of is Gator Guns which is a 25yd indoor, and the Police range further West.

Now I picked up some of the Winchester .223 40 rd value packs from Wal-Mart, but do most ranges allow full metal jackets?
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 2:44:08 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
What are some decent rifle ranges around the West Palm Beach area?

All I know of is Gator Guns which is a 25yd indoor, and the Police range further West.

Now I picked up some of the Winchester .223 40 rd value packs from Wal-Mart, but do most ranges allow full metal jackets?

To bad your not a bit further to the west, we have two nice outdoor ranges (one with a 1000 yd. range) within 25 miles of each other. If you ever want to make the trip over the one in Arcadia is right off SR70.

I have no idea about the .223 in an indoor range, the indoor range in Sarasota won't let you shoot anything bigger than handgun cartridge rifles.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:39:06 PM EDT
[#2]
There aren't any decent rifle ranges around West Palm Beach except for the PB County Sheriff's department range which is private and only open to the public once a month.  Drive 30 minutes south and go to Markham Park.

I've heard good things about a place called Pop Dean's shooting range, but I don't know where it is and i've never been.  But it's either that, Markham Park, or Trail Glades in Miami.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:47:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Pop's is here.

http://www.popdeanhuntclub.org/
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 6:58:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys.

I plan on going to the Sheriffs range on March 4, but I'll definitely check out the others.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top