Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2006 3:39:04 PM EDT
It's been something like 12 years since I first applied for my CCW permit and I frankly don't remember where to pick up a packet.  Friend of mine wants to apply and I don't know where he should go.  Can you get them at the local PD/Sheriff's Dept or must you order them from the state?
TIA
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 3:59:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:03:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:08:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Okay, that link says you can get  the applications online or at their offices...do they have offices in different cities or just in Tallahassee?  What I need to know is if there is a faster way than ordering the form and waiting for it to get here from Tallahassee.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:23:27 PM EDT
[#4]
You can get it online. Once you fill out the information that is required, they will send as many copies to your address. You will recieve the paper work in like 3-4 days.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 5:33:59 PM EDT
[#5]
go anywhere they do the class, the packets are free..... what area, i've got em if your near lee co. (sw,fla)

good luck..
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:26:35 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
go anywhere they do the class, the packets are free..... what area, i've got em if your near lee co. (sw,fla)

good luck..

What he said... I'm in Tampa if you need one.  Send me email.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 8:49:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Just order the packet off the website.  Put up a chair next to your mailbox and wait a few days.  You will receive a nice large envelope with the application packet.  Fill out the required info, take the class, get printed, and mail it back.  Wait another 30-90 days and your card will appear magically in your mailbox (barring DQ of course).  It's just that simple.

If you're looking for a web-based application packet- no can do.  You still need to send in the cert. of training and the fingerprint card.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 11:01:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Found out you can pick them up at the local sheriff's office.  Thanks everyone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top