Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2006 5:49:54 PM EDT
There are two gun shows in South Florida this weekend, one of them is in West Palm at the South Florida Fair Grounds and the other is in Ft. Lauderdale at the War Memorial Auditorium.

Which of these two gun shows will likely have more private vendors selling items as opposed to dealers?  I'm looking to pick up a P22 for cheap practice at the range, but can't purchase one from an FFL since i'm under 21 but over 18, has to be from a private party, so i'd like to go to whichever gun show has more private persons there selling things.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:18:51 PM EDT
[#1]
iam pretty sure legally you cannot own a pistol under 21 no matter who you buy it from
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:48:47 PM EDT
[#2]
The WPB Gun Show does not allow person to person gun sales.

War Memorial Gun Show is OK.

If i'm off this weekend, i'm a glutton for punishment so I'll stop by the Ft. Lauderdale show.

The last WPB show I attended, I regret NOT picking up some USGI 30 Round Mags w/MAGPUL followers for $20 each.

I also need Night Sights for my G17.

HS1
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:22:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
iam pretty sure legally you cannot own a pistol under 21 no matter who you buy it from

Not true.  You only have to be 18 to legally own and possess one in the state of Florida and at 18 you can purchase one from a private party, the 21 figure is merely a federal requirement to be able to buy from an FFL and also be able to obtain a CCW, nothing else.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:23:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

War Memorial Gun Show is OK.

If i'm off this weekend, i'm a glutton for punishment so I'll stop by the Ft. Lauderdale show.

The last WPB show I attended, I regret NOT picking up some USGI 30 Round Mags w/MAGPUL followers for $20 each.

I also need Night Sights for my G17.

HS1

Thanks for the advice.

Good to know, i'll definitely be going to the Ft. Lauderdale show then.

It's better to go on Sunday instead of Saturday since the prices are usually better, right?
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 4:31:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Just because they dont allow personal sales, doenst mean they dont happen.

Last time I was there I saw *gasp* a personal gun sale right in the middle of the aisle.  Oh the horror!!  Or if ya dont feel like breaking some petty rules, just hit the parking lot.  A lotta deals get made in that parking lot..
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:12:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I need to pick up some 5.45x39 & 8mm so I'm h eading to the WM auditorium
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 2:53:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

What's up Joey?

What day are you headed over there? I won't be able to make it until Sunday lunchtime.

HS1
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 3:06:15 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

HS1

I never heard that.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:12:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's up Joey?

What day are you headed over there? I won't be able to make it until Sunday lunchtime.

HS1

hell, that sounds about my speed, i planned on bieng there about noonish, so i can take my time
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:18:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Guns shows have sucked big time around here for some time. War Memorial especially.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 5:06:49 AM EDT
[#11]
the WMA isn't as bad as the coconut grove show, and the one at the dade county fairgroudn happens very infrequently, so the wma is tghe best that i get on a regular basis
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:42:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

HS1

you can buy USGI teflon 30rds with magpuls right here for $10.99

Longhunter
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 7:56:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Bought a Mosin-Nagant M44 at the Ft. Lauderdale fun show today.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:16:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Went to the Ft Lauderdale show today as well, and I would just save your money.  5 to park, 8 to get in, and nothing really there of good value.  I picked up the last of the SA 308 that was in the show.  Only one guy had any in the first place.  Cases of q3131a and non a is going for almost $300 per 1000.  Just the typical crap with nothing new or standing out to say buy me for more than what you can find it here on the forums.  

Hope the other show was better!
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 6:50:28 AM EDT
[#15]
I pcikd up a Rock Island Armory .45 for almost nothing.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 3:33:39 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Guns shows have sucked big time around here for some time. War Memorial especially.

Big +1

They have the kick-ass jerky guy there tho
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:50:22 PM EDT
[#17]

When is the next one at Dade County Fairgrounds?

Today: 2-16-06
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top