Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2006 4:22:04 PM EDT
I just sent my CCW paperwork in I was wondering about how long I would have to wait for it?

Oh BTW: WAITING SUCKS!!!!
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:33:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Think 90 days,  be happy with less.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:39:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I just sent my CCW paperwork in I was wondering about how long I would have to wait for it?

Oh BTW: WAITING SUCKS!!!!

If you did electronic fingerprinting expect about 7 days
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:04:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Think 90 days,  be happy with less.  

True. I was expecting 90 days, but got mine in about half the time.

I'd still plan on 90. You can call the state and ask the status of the application you sent in as well.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:35:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine took about 60 days.

I've heard of 45 days.

EFP is the way to go, but wasn't available when I first got mine.
Renewals are a snap provided you don't move to a new address and neglect to notify the PO.

HS1

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:43:50 AM EDT
[#5]
FWIW...

I get renewals in about 30 days.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:53:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I did mine via EFP with a buddy, he got his in 7 days I got mine in 10. A couple of friends just got theirs last month. They took about 7-10 days too.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:59:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
FWIW...

I get renewals in about 30 days.

Mine arrived the same day the old one expired. Nice!

HS1
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 4:36:44 PM EDT
[#8]
it took mine 8 buisness days! (digital f.p.)  the fastest i've seen is 5 buisness days..  digital finger prints rule!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 8:11:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I moved from IN to Punta Gorda and  the sherriff said my IN permitt is okay then after  a couple years it expired.

It didnt take to long to renew Im thinking couple of months?

My IN. permit look like it was cut out of a comic book JUST a pink paper with no picture!

My Fla permit rules  photo ID cool

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:03:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I was reading on packing.com that you can use your DD214 (military paperwork) instead of a ccw class. Does anyone know if that is true and does something specifically need to be on it?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:14:55 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I was reading on packing.com that you can use your DD214 (military paperwork) instead of a ccw class. Does anyone know if that is true and does something specifically need to be on it?

True.

You're good to go with a DD214 as is, nothing additional.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:29:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I did mine via EFP with a buddy, he got his in 7 days I got mine in 10. A couple of friends just got theirs last month. They took about 7-10 days too.

Where can i go to get EFP?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:33:47 AM EDT
[#13]
I did mine with EFP , had to go back do it again, but even with the 10 days of delay caused by the bad EFP scan I got mine in 3 weeks.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:16:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I moved from IN to Punta Gorda and  the sherriff said my IN permitt is okay then after  a couple years it expired.

Your Sheriff is WRONG.

Once you become a Florida resident, your out-of-state permit is no longer recognized.

Florida will only recognize an out-of-state permit IF you are a resident of that state.

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/news/concealed_carry.html

QUESTION 5.  I have a concealed carry permit from one of the states with which Florida has reciprocity, but I am not a resident of that state. Can I carry legally while visiting a Florida?

No. Florida, like Michigan and New Hampshire, has a residency requirement in its reciprocity law. Florida does not recognize non-resident concealed carry permits from other states.

EDIT:  Per FS790.015(3) - If the resident of another state who is the holder of a valid license to carry a concealed weapon or concealed firearm issued in another state establishes legal residence in this state by registering to vote, or making a statement of domicile pursuant to s. 222.17, or filing for homestead tax exemption on property in this state, the license shall remain in effect for 90 days following the date on which the holder of the license establishes legal state residence. This section applies only to nonresident concealed weapon or concealed firearm licenseholders from states that honor Florida concealed weapon or concealed firearm licenses.

In other words, you have the 90-day state time for issuing a new permit before yours expires.  You move here, you'd better apply for a Florida permit.  My bad on the initial post.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:00:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Unfourtunately I took my class and did the finger prints at a gun show and the prints were on a card not electronic Hopefully it won't take too long to get.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:01:15 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Unfourtunately I took my class and did the finger prints at a gun show and the prints were on a card not electronic Hopefully it won't take too long to get.

Right now, ink prints are running about 8 weeks for the permit.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:18:03 AM EDT
[#17]
I received all the paperwork months ago, but have been sitting on it.

I am on active duty, and so haven't received a DD214 yet.  What other paperwork would satisfy the training requirement?

Anybody?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 11:29:55 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I received all the paperwork months ago, but have been sitting on it.

I am on active duty, and so haven't received a DD214 yet.  What other paperwork would satisfy the training requirement?

Anybody?

Send a copy of your .mil ID.  That confirms basic and firearm training.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:09:50 PM EDT
[#19]
I used EFP and it took exactly 20 days from mailing (the day after EFP) to recieving the permit in the mail.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:46:48 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You have to call around to the various stations, get the schedule too.  Bring exact cash to really keep it simple.

licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/CWCS/elecfingerprintinfo.html

17 days (including weekends) for me.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 8:21:53 PM EDT
[#21]
With electronic fingerprints it took 12 days total from the time I mailed off the package. I included a photocopy of my military ID at the time and a copy of my FL hunter's education card. If anybody uses the electronic fingerprints just be aware that some Sheriff's Departments don't accept payment and you pay FDLE the fingerprint fee over the internet using a credit card. That is in addition to sending the DOA their $75 fee.

I went to a small rural Sheriff's Department in my hometown for the EFP and they didn't know what the hell I was talking about. I showed them the paperwork and they said sure, took me to the booking area and transmitted the prints to FDLE. They didn't collect any money for it so I had to pay FDLE directly. The directions are all right there in the paperwork.  
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 11:18:27 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/CWCS/applicantlivescan_contactlist_doacs_011006.pdf
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top