Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/3/2006 5:33:13 PM EDT
Anyone going out to shoot there on 2-3-6?
I wanna go pop off a few 10mm rounds, some 5.56, some fo-tay, and some 9.
I wonder if I can hit a target at 100 with My 10mm pistola.

Anyhow if anyone is going out here, lemme know.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:24:33 AM EDT
[#1]
10 zillion people in JAX, and no one is going shooting but me?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:22:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:28:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Feb 4 2006,
what did I post?
I may have been dilerious
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:29:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I quit going to Gateway because of the old asshole rangemasters.As soon as you bring out the black rifles you start getting the evil eye.I could understand if I was an 18 yr old wanne be thug but I'm 45,clean cut and a fanatic about weapons safety.I'll spend the extra gas money to go to Osceola.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:11:03 AM EDT
[#5]
LOL,
I made it out there yesterday after the Jax funshow.
I really wanted to make a bunch of noise with my 10mm........
well I was having an issue with it, fixed now.
I had 4 tagets on one stand. (pistol area).
I was working out the issue with the sidearm, shoot A round break her down, re-assemble, shoot A round, so on and so on, I am a bit aggrivated with the slide....
Member comes up, "you'll have to take 3 of your targets down" (quote, Only one BULLSEYE per stand"
ME: "ok, lemme work on this pistol , and I'll get on it"
reassembling the sidearm, 'nother member/RO, "hey,  you'll have to take 3 of your targets down"
JFC!!! OK OK, , its not like I am even really shooting bud, cut me some slack, you see I am tweaking my pistol?
I go grab the entire thing , walk back and hand it to him, " will that work?"

Couple of wheelie gun guys, maybe they didnt like my eveil black semi's or My 10mm made more noise than there wheelies?

First bad incident I have had there, so I wont hold it against them.
I am fully aware of range saftey and rules, and we DO NEED a lot of them for the scary people, BUT if a person is detail stripping a firearm, shoot one round and repeat.... you think they would just STFU!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:30:01 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I quit going to Gateway because of the old asshole rangemasters.As soon as you bring out the black rifles you start getting the evil eye.I could understand if I was an 18 yr old wanne be thug but I'm 45,clean cut and a fanatic about weapons safety.I'll spend the extra gas money to go to Osceola.

+1,000,000.  One of those guys laid into me for no reason one day and then just kept coming back and badgering me.  My friends were all blown away by how random the abuse was.  It was really weird.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:14:17 AM EDT
[#7]
If you follow the posted rules, you'll have no problems at Gateway.  The only problem I have had recently is that it is getting too crowded with daily shooters.  The 100 yard line is usually packed on weekends.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 9:38:10 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If you follow the posted rules, you'll have no problems at Gateway.  The only problem I have had recently is that it is getting too crowded with daily shooters.  The 100 yard line is usually packed on weekends.

I think they're turning the .22 cal rifle range into a all purpose range. [the one to the left of the hand gun range]

At least that's what I heard.

Because the 100 yr. line get so packed.

It'd be nice if they did that I had it a members only area.
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 11:26:17 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
If you follow the posted rules, you'll have no problems at Gateway.

I normally don't have any problems at all there.  I always follow the rules to a T.  But I still incurred the wrath of the range officer for some unknown reason on that day.  It was really wacky.  That day kind of tainted my view of the place.
Link Posted: 2/17/2006 7:53:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I think they're turning the .22 cal rifle range into a all purpose range. [the one to the left of the hand gun range]

That would be ideal as the rimfire range is almost always empty.  It seems the 100 yard range has more daily shooters than members, especially on the weekends.  

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:18:46 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That would be ideal as the rimfire range is almost always empty.  It seems the 100 yard range has more daily shooters than members, especially on the weekends.  

They must be doing something back at the .22 range. I went this weekend wanting to shoot my .22 mag and it was closed.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 5:21:25 PM EDT
[#12]
I was am member & while in S. Fl. working hurricane duty I told them I wouldn't renew for awhile, after just renewing... they said that's fine come in & renew when you get back. Well I tried & they wanted the full $214... I started going to Osceola.. I kina liked it out there... If I wanna practice dbl taps... I can.

And if the Rangen**i tells me to get behind the line during a cold line, when I'm reaching for smokes and coke... I'm gonna make him eat his hat!

David
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 6:38:31 PM EDT
[#13]
The old rimfire range is being converted to a members only 100 yd rifle range - to include to lanes for keeling and prone.

Later,

Badredfish
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 7:35:01 PM EDT
[#14]
maybe it because you said fo-tay at the range...I would have given u a hard time as well...lol
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:19:56 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
The old rimfire range is being converted to a members only 100 yd rifle range - to include to lanes for keeling and prone.

Later,

Badredfish

Yeah, I talked with a RO there about a week ago. He said they were having troubles with the dirt/clay not staying where they wanted it.

Should be nice when it's done.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 10:02:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Nice, glad I got membership
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top