Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2006 5:15:54 AM EDT
Anyone ever buy anything from these guys?  How are they on prices and customer service?  I see they have a pretty good web-site, but how current is it?  Please let me know if you have any opinion good or bad.

Thanks.

http://www.floridagunworks.com/
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 12:19:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I have got some great deals from them at the gunshow's and their shop. but have seen alot of bad mouthing of them on the internet.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:34:18 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I have got some great deals from them at the gunshow's and their shop. but have seen alot of bad mouthing of them on the internet.

You've been to their shop? Where is it located?
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:14:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

its in Miami, off of Bird rd and just west of 87th ave....about 89th I'd say, its behind a bank on a corner. can't remember, but I think they're closed like sun-tues or something wierd like that.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:55:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Anyone ever buy anything from these guys?  How are they on prices and customer service?  I see they have a pretty good web-site, but how current is it?  Please let me know if you have any opinion good or bad.

Thanks.

http://www.floridagunworks.com/

I haven't dealt w/ them but I've heard only bad things about them.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 5:00:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

its in Miami, off of Bird rd and just west of 87th ave....about 89th I'd say, its behind a bank on a corner. can't remember, but I think they're closed like sun-tues or something wierd like that.

The reason I asked is because everyone who has dealt with them knows that they are scam artists.
They have no phone number  or store address listed on their web site. And the domain name is registered to a mailbox etc. UPS store address.

What reliable and honest company doesn't have a way to contact them?
Certainly not these crooks!

Anyone who says that they have been to their address is not telling the truth.

They don't have an address........

Domain Name: FLORIDAGUNWORKS.COM

Registrant:
High Velocity Enterprises Inc.
8306 Mills Drive Unit 571
MIAMI, FL 33183
US

UPS Store
(305) 595-8577
8306 Mills Dr, Miami, FL
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:33:45 AM EDT
[#6]
florida armory/florida gun works/High Velocity Enterprises Inc. Are all the same. Their shop "is" at 8870-3 s.w 40th st. (bird rd) miami fl
Terma-nator I don't know where you come off calling me and a liar. I think I know where I have been.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 12:49:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
florida armory/florida gun works/High Velocity Enterprises Inc. Are all the same. Their shop "is" at 8870-3 s.w 40th st. (bird rd) miami fl
Terma-nator I don't know where you come off calling me and a liar. I think I know where I have been.

I didn't call you a liar.

I am making it my business to make sure that no one will ever make the mistake of ordering from them.

If it weren't for the fact that they have a miserable reputation, they wouldn't have a reputation at all!

Also, a company that goes by several names, just to avoid their bad reputation, is another reason to avoid them like the plague.

These people are so bad, that not only do they charge a lot more for most items, they don't send them when you order them.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 2:37:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The reason I asked is because everyone who has dealt with them knows that they are scam artists.
They have no phone number  or store address listed on their web site. And the domain name is registered to a mailbox etc. UPS store address.

What reliable and honest company doesn't have a way to contact them?
Certainly not these crooks!

Anyone who says that they have been to their address is not telling the truth.

They don't have an address........

Domain Name: FLORIDAGUNWORKS.COM

Registrant:
High Velocity Enterprises Inc.
8306 Mills Drive Unit 571
MIAMI, FL 33183
US

UPS Store
(305) 595-8577
8306 Mills Dr, Miami, FL

from what I understood, is that the people who run floridagunworks were scam artists, and the people who started up floridaarmory( a young couple) used to work for them, and moved off and started thier own store front and work gun shows. I have bought a few things from them, no complaints here. The above adress is yes a UPS store, but thier office is across the street, I personally wouldn't want a box with a handgun rifle sitting un attended in a hallway untill I got there.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 6:03:45 AM EDT
[#9]
I will NEVER do business with them again. I went through complete HELL trying to get a Garand parts kit a couple years ago. I damn nearly called the police for theft because they kept telling me it shipped when it never did. They even told me once that I signed for it. It was only when I threatened them that the product I paid for months earlier was finally shipped and they sent me a real tracking number for it. And what a pile of junk it was too, not at all as advertised. I've talked to literally DOZENS of people who have said the same thing about them. Don't deal with them, and if you do, have the smarts to do it in person and don't leave without having your merch in hand.

edit to add: check their gunbroker.com profile, I think I remember seeing a very very lengthy record of bad reviews.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:42:34 PM EDT
[#10]
they are not a place id go for my guns ever the prices are horridly high compared to certain other shops and also they dont really have anyhting in the shop that really catches your eyes except for a overpriced 1919 A4 rifle

i go for em when i dont wanna make the drive to other shops for small parts and accessories
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:32:13 AM EDT
[#11]
If you go to www.sunbiz.org and do a bit of research it looks like "florida gun works" , "high velocity Ent" and "Florida armory" are owned by the same people. I don't know if they are crooks or not.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:49:40 PM EDT
[#12]
dunno if they are crooks just they are way overpriced but hell for the location they are in they need to be with all the taxes i know they are getting hit with.  thier just too rich for my blood
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 4:26:13 PM EDT
[#13]
I've been to the place several years ago to buy an AK. It's an office with a phone and a desk. Period. Alot of the complaints are for long wait times. They have no stock. When you order something, they order it from someone else. When they finally get it, they send it. Sometimes they can't get it. But your $$$$ is still tied up.
BTW, paid $550 for the AK. (standard SAR-1).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top