Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2006 3:46:30 AM EDT
Due to an extended deployment in support of Hurricane Katrina relief efforts, the 3rd Annual George W. Travis Memorial 3 Gun Tactical Match has been rescheduled to be held on 21 January 2006 at the Bradford Sportsman's Farm in Graham, Florida.  ALL proceeds go to the American Cancer Society.  For registration information go to www.Dedicated-Professionals.com or email [email protected]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:21:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump.

Looking to shoot three gun? Here's a good one.

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:30:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 3:56:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Coming up this Saturday! See you guys there.
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:42:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Pack a lunch!

Team Gimp is gonna smoke you guys!

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 3:08:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Pack a lunch!

It's gonna be hard for you guys to eat with a ball gag in yer mouths!
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:54:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Beware the leather mask, ball gags are for rookies!

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 1:46:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/18/2006 5:36:55 PM EDT
[#8]
RCSTZ71 I defer...

Yeah right!  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:25:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Here we go folks!  If you haven't got your registrations in to me, send me an email to let me know if you are going to be there so we know how many to expect.

We've got some great prizes lined up!

~ $50 gift certificate from Shooters Firearms and Accessories in Jacksonville

~ FREE 1 day pistol course at Blackwater (lodging and ammo not covered)

~ FREE 3 day pistol course at Blackwater (lodging and ammo not covered)

~ Almost $300.00 worth of tactical equipment from Specter

And More!

All of the prizes will be drawn from tickets issued at the match.  Top three shooters will win extra tickets and extra tickets will be on sale with all of the proceeds going to the American Cancer Society!
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:47:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Russ,
Can't wait.

Burney.. I'm still having nightmares about what you said you were going to do to MikeV.

Just make sure and leave that ball gag behind, I'm not riding back home with it in the car

Matt -- How will we recognize you ?????  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:49:44 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Burney.. I'm still having nightmares about what you said you were going to do to MikeV.

Oh no I'm scared.....

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:57:08 AM EDT
[#12]
don't be Mike.. you are fast and we all know Burney is old and slow...

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 2:08:04 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
.......and we all know Burney is old and slow...

From his own team member......
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:53:00 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
.......and we all know Burney is old and slow...

From his own team member......

Ouch. Gimp Nation must be quaking.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 5:57:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Man!  Tough crowd...

Should I defect?

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:07:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Burney,
It's no fun winning when no one else shows up.

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:35:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Guess who's back in town.....

Dirk
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:45:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Where the hell have you been?

Geez, I thought you died?  I remember the first Travis Memorial shoot where we went over together and hauled all that stuff on the trailer.  Seems like yesterday.

Glad you're back and be damn glad to see you at the range again!

I figured you would be the "secret" MikeV & Matt were holding out on...

Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:48:03 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Guess who's back in town.....

Dirk

Bwwwwwaaaaaahhhhhhhaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 10:49:13 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I figured you would be the "secret" MikeV & Matt were holding out on...

Secret? What Secret?
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:00:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Damn I hate being broke maybe I will make it to this months FDCC shoot. U guys have fun and take some damn pics and post them here. OUT.   TUNA
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 12:44:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Man, that was a great match. Thanks Russ and everyone else that was involved.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:53:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Thanks to Russ and the sponsors.  It was a great match, high round count, and fun courses.  Thanks again.

-White Horse

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:33:45 PM EDT
[#24]
   Team Limp Team Matt

Dirk
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:10:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Great shoot and great prizes! Many thanks Russ and the sponsors!

Two words for Team Limp: Slim Fast

And Matt, I hope if you ever have my back, you remember to load your magazines Or at least buy a Glock in the same caliber as mine so I can toss you one of my fully loaded magazines. If ever we needed video, it was that moment in time.

And for the rest of us, theres nothing more humbling after listening to all the snickers and wise cracks than seeing Dave spank all our high speed low drag high dollar AR's with his Kel-Tec P2000. And it's not the first time.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 5:35:22 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
And Matt, I hope if you ever have my back, you remember to load your magazines Or at least buy a Glock in the same caliber as mine so I can toss you one of my fully loaded magazines. If ever we needed video, it was that moment in time.

Well, since there isn't any video, I'm just going to deny that it ever happened. And if it ever did happen, it would probably be because I was IN THE BATHROOM DAMMIT!!!!!!!! I should have just made everyone wait for me to get ready. Oh well, at least I'm not deaf considering the fact that I didn't my ear plugs in either.

Funny how our team still spanked team limp in that COF. Thanks to Dirk and Mike V. for that.

FYI - I will be at the FDCC match to redeem myself!!!
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:22:18 PM EDT
[#27]

And Matt, I hope if you ever have my back, you remember to load your magazines Or at least buy a Glock in the same caliber as mine so I can toss you one of my fully loaded magazines.

Kel-Tech

Dirk
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 4:56:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Thanks Russ!!!!!!

hhhmmmmm haven't heard a peep from Team Limp Gimp

I had a great time shooting with all you guys!

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:19:07 AM EDT
[#29]
OK you punks!  I just turned on the computer...

I'm gonna play sore-loser one last time!  If you guys would have shot under the same "rules" we did you would have lost.  Heck, you chumps left the steel plates still standing.  We knocked them all OVER like we were told!  

SO live in your hollow victory and bask in your false glory for the upcoming year as team Gimp will live and spank you like mad dogs next year!  We came in second last year being beaten by Blackhawk's shooting team and we will not be denied another year!

On to other business, I haven't had such a fun time at the range in a day in damn, I can't remember a day that there was so much fun.  Shooting with the whole crew and the competitive banter was just great.  Like Dirk Pitt says "I don't care who you are, that's funny"!  Bwahahahahahaaa!  I heard more one-liners and wisecracks than I can ever remember.  Almost a comedy show than a shooting match, then again, some of the performances were comedies!  

Oh, I think Dave finished 4th or 5th overall with that Kel-Tec too.  Brooke did really great at 7th with that iron-sighted AK.  There were some awesome preformances too on some cof's.  Funny how we would absolutley smoke one and bomb the other.  Ah, just life..

TEAM GIMP WILL RIDE AGAIN!

Link Posted: 1/22/2006 6:22:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Great Shoot Guys.. I'm with Burney...we hit our plates multiple times and have video to prove it thanks Russ, we thought we had to shoot the plates down.. not just hits. Matt was a DNF in the Team event as he arrived to the pistol line with no mags and a nice trail of them behind him. ... Sam stepped in and took care of his left overs and we were good sports and allowed his team mate to pick up his slack. We are just nice like that. Your Mag tossing fiasco was almost enough to make me feel good about my pistol COF. Bring the same team next year and lets arrange a wager so as to motivate us to kick your ass

Chuck.. Slim fast...you got some over hang there too brother... but you do have a nice ass. I'm the lightest  I've been in nearly 10 years..
... I have a bunch of pics.mostly fo fat old red necks. but neither the time or patience to photobuket them.. anyone care to host..

Mike V.  sorry I'm late to the party.. I was nursing my bruised ego from the pistol cof.. that and laughing and recovering from the whiplash from your driving. Nice shooting dude.. I see the extra weight has not slowed you down.

Matt, you ran the team COF without ears.. DAYUM ....

SAM.. In the video of TEAM GIMP when I ground my Mossy , you are heard saying 'DAYUM!" .. Thanks for letting us bust some with that MAC afterwards...

White Horse.. Nice Shooting for a Medic..

And yes we all got our ass beat by a guy with a Kel Tec.. well at least he was an FDCCer with a KelTec so we were used to it.. Rock on Dave..

I wont be at the FDCC on Sunday...I know I know....Got to go make sure I can shoot that Beretta better than that Glock.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 4:05:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Man.. I thought My last post would have brought the heat..... I guess there is no defense against the truth

Going to see if John T will the pics on the FDCC page for us if he is not too busy.

Thanks again Russ... and the folks who sponsored the event.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 7:16:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Well, the way I see, Team Matt shot the same number of bad guys with a third less firepower.    

Anyone know of a good pistol mag load and retain class?

However, you were good sports but we'll take the trophy for this year, next year I'll have that free Blackwater class under my belt before I shoot against you guys.  Look out!

Dirk

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 8:25:54 AM EDT
[#33]
You know, we had just too much fun. So much that we made the SEPSA guys with their fancy little carts nervous and they had to seperate us. They could benefit from some Bill Jeans team training, probably shart themselves with all the loaded slung weapons. Paper doesn't shoot back and I've never seen a Marine going into battle with a little wagon
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 9:02:05 AM EDT
[#34]
Newsflash Dirk.. You didn't Get the Trophy.. You just beat the Team that came in Last  

Matt just needs more work with his strap on technique.. you should be a good mentor for him

Chuck,
Marines with little waggons... now thats funny.. Doesn't the army call them Strikers ??

One RO told me he was more comfortable with me holstering an unloaded pistol ( after seeing me shoot not surprising ) I  was not real thrilled about it , but out of respect for him as the RO I did so.  I reinserted a loaded mag when  I walked back from the line, but had an empty chamber the rest of the shoot as I did not have an opportunity to safely unholster and reload without a rectal .
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 12:07:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Don't cut yourself short, I think you finished 3rd not last.  Anyhow I was talking about the FDCC trophy.  

Dirk
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 1:57:45 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Anyone know of a good pistol mag load and retain class?

Dirk

Well, I see that I'm NEVER going live this one down.
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:25:42 PM EDT
[#37]
I was going to leave it alone but Chuck started.

That shit is funny, I don't care you are.

You guys crack me up....

Dirk
Link Posted: 1/23/2006 2:44:54 PM EDT
[#38]

That shit is funny, I don't care who you are.

Damn Dirk, you got me again!

Like the man said, the FDCC trophy is the most coveted.  The wagon boys just ain't our style.

Link Posted: 1/23/2006 5:15:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Man, I'm sorry that I missed the match.  One by one my teammates and even their replacements just dropped like flies.  Next year I guess.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 7:24:58 PM EDT
[#40]
HI GUYS,
Sorry to post so late. That was a really fun day. Thanks to Russ and everyone.

Yes, the Fisher Price (KT) Blaster was on auto pilot....basking.....basking.....basking.....ok thats enough for now.

Once again the FDCC crew showed it's colors as the black sheeps of the proper and well heeled FL shooting community.

-Roving around in a group twice the size of all the others like a big dopey looking back woods street gang so as to hold up the bays and force a few grouchy old gunslingers to piss and moan (and rightfully so!!!).

-Waving loaded weapons around willy nilly forcing a very attentive shooter from another team to firmly lecture us. (What, scared of bullets?)

-Yelling MUZZLE at the guys from that other team while they were shooting. (Sam's been trying to start a fist fight with someone for 2 years).

-Causing Russ to have to repeatedly check on us due to all the racket and boisterous laughter. I think he said we were having too much fun???

-Team Gimp.

-Matt putting down his weapon and walking off the team in disgust. (After crapping out all of his mags on the ground. yeh that there wuz funny!)

-And the most frightening thing of all. The booming call of the Suwannee County Bigfoot thundering through the trees.....
       BWWWWAAAAAAAHHAAAAAHHHHAaaaaaa!!!!
Chilling!!

I'm just horsing around. It was all great fun and I really had a great time.

It's always interesting to me to shoot around folks from other groups. Most of them are great people and I've gotten to meet quite a few really nice and knowledgable shooters. I heard a comment near the end of the shoot from a guy who was obviously in one of the active groups. He said "man those guys sure aren't shy about carrying hot!" . I didn't give it much thought at the time, but later a couple of questions struck me. How do you normally carry on the street? If you are with your wife and kids do you feel more comfortable carrying hot or unloaded? Do you feel comfortable sitting near a couple of armed cops at Denny's.
One of the biggest advantages to going to the range, to me, is the practice of handling the weapon. Drawing, holstering, loading, unloading, when I move with the weapon drawn my trigger finger is locked straight out (not on the trigger) and I don't have to think about it any more (muscle memory). I know what condition any of my weapons are in at any time. I've learned to count my rounds. I know all of this is elementary but I believe I have a better chance of reacting properly if I ever have to for real. If you don't practice carrying hot, how could you safely carry hot for real.

Just figured I'd see what you guys think.

Dave  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 9:26:56 AM EDT
[#41]
Dave,

I have a great time at this event every time I go and It's for a great Cause.

I guess some folks who shoot IPSC of IDPA are used to different rules.  Everywhere Is shoot Is a hot range. If you have a sidearm, It's always loaded ,longuns handled ala FDCC.

I am not nervous around people with loaded weapons who demonstrate proper handling. when they sweep me or give me cause to believe they have safety issues, I become concerned. I carry daily as many at the 3 gun do without issue.

Frued said fear of guns was a sign of  sexual immaturity.

I was asked at the end of COF 2 (Pistol) to show clear and holster a cold weapon by an old crusty R.O. I did not particularly care to do it but said nothing as I felt he was R.O and out of respect I just shut my mouth and holstered up.  I inserted a loaded mag when I returned to the group but did nor go condition 1 as there was no safe area to do so.

Different strokes for sifferent folks.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top