Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2005 6:15:39 PM EDT
Hey guys, I posted earlier in the main forums about a loose barrel on a two month old Bushmaster XM15. They want me to ship it back and everything, but what I'd rather do is find someone local with the tool(s) to tighten it, the local dealer said that he doesn't have the tools. Can anyone help? I am in Lee County.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 6:29:04 PM EDT
[#1]
With the gas tube in place, it shouldn't be able to loosen up.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 7:26:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Well for some reason it is loose. I explained the whole thing to Bushie tech support and they recommended a send in. The gun dealer said that the barrell should not loosen unless I did it intentionally. please advise.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:02:28 PM EDT
[#3]
What's loose about it? Barrel nut? Barrel extension?

HS1
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 8:17:44 PM EDT
[#4]
How can it loosen up with the gas tube throug it?
It probably was never tigtened properly, so they want is back!
I have a barrel wrench, I'm in the sarasota/venice area.

Quoted:
Well for some reason it is loose. I explained the whole thing to Bushie tech support and they recommended a send in. The gun dealer said that the barrell should not loosen unless I did it intentionally. please advise.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 1:20:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Were it mine, I'd send it back and let BM sort it out.
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:17:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I agree with Osprey, let them sort it out regardless!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 5:10:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree with Osprey, let them sort it out regardless!

+2
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 11:41:53 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hey guys, I posted earlier in the main forums about a loose barrel on a two month old Bushmaster XM15. They want me to ship it back and everything, but what I'd rather do is find someone local with the tool(s) to tighten it, the local dealer said that he doesn't have the tools. Can anyone help? I am in Lee County.

The barrel shouldn't get loose with the gas tube inside. If it is loose, it might have been assembled incorrectly.

I'd send it back (on their dime). Ask for a call tag. Also, you only need to send the upper....Keep the lower home. You might as well keep the bolt carrier assembly too!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:59:19 PM EDT
[#9]
How about: The threads on the barrell nut and or upper receiver have stripped? Eitehr way: Bach to Bushy!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:34:47 AM EDT
[#10]
im sent for guy in ft. myers....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top