Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/8/2005 3:45:26 AM EDT
I'm 19 and since I can't carry concealed in this wonderful gunshine state, I was curious if it is considered "on your person" or considered concealed if you are carrying a handgn in something like a zipper gun rug.

Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 4:17:45 AM EDT
[#1]
A friend of mine carried a gun in that manner for years. The bigger issue in your case is your age. At 19, you can't buy a handgun on your own and some LEO's may take a dim view of you toting one.

Best advise I can give you is wait a few yars and then get a CCW
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 5:14:16 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Any thoughts?

Yeah..  you're just asking for trouble.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 5:52:51 AM EDT
[#3]
If you are trying to carry it around with you at all times you are definately asking for trouble.  At 19 the only time you should be thinking of carrying a pistol with you is if you are on you're way to the range.  And even then it better be in your range bag/box if you don't want to get harassed.

If you are trying to carry it with you while you are out just hanging out or whatever, ask yourself this question?

"Would it be worth never being able to legally carry concealed, just cause I had my pistol with me on my way to the mall and I got busted?"

Just my .02
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 6:22:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Hope this helps...

http://www.packing.org/state/florida/

Seth
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 4:07:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 4:32:09 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
that would be just the same as a female carrying a firearm in a purse. It's what called " off the body carry" which is still carrying a concealed firearm. If you like firearms and want to legally carry a firearm in your lifetime. Wait until you're 21 cupcake.

J

This man is wise
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 6:22:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok, cool beens... I just don't want to be breaking any laws... the guns have and always will stay in my safe when not at the range I guess..
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:27:24 AM EDT
[#8]
790.25  Lawful ownership, possession, and use of firearms and other weapons.--

(3)  LAWFUL USES.--The provisions of ss. 790.053 and 790.06 do not apply in the following instances, and, despite such sections, it is lawful for the following persons to own, possess, and lawfully use firearms and other weapons, ammunition, and supplies for lawful purposes:

(j)  A person firing weapons for testing or target practice under safe conditions and in a safe place not prohibited by law or going to or from such place;

(k)  A person firing weapons in a safe and secure indoor range for testing and target practice;

(l)  A person traveling by private conveyance when the weapon is securely encased or in a public conveyance when the weapon is securely encased and not in the person's manual possession;

(5)  POSSESSION IN PRIVATE CONVEYANCE.--Notwithstanding subsection (2), it is lawful and is not a violation of s. 790.01 for a person 18 years of age or older to possess a concealed firearm or other weapon for self-defense or other lawful purpose within the interior of a private conveyance, without a license, if the firearm or other weapon is securely encased or is otherwise not readily accessible for immediate use. Nothing herein contained prohibits the carrying of a legal firearm other than a handgun anywhere in a private conveyance when such firearm is being carried for a lawful use. Nothing herein contained shall be construed to authorize the carrying of a concealed firearm or other weapon on the person. This subsection shall be liberally construed in favor of the lawful use, ownership, and possession of firearms and other weapons, including lawful self-defense as provided in s. 776.012.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 11:16:24 PM EDT
[#9]
If you ever have to actually shoot someone while carrying,
AND the DA says its a good shoot, then the only thing that
you can be charged of is carrying without a license.
But expect to get hassled by the Man VERY vigorously and with
extreme prejudice if that ever happens.
YMMV.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top