Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2005 7:06:09 PM EDT
Looking for info on building a tire berm, I searched the net but no luck.
The way I see it is start with say 10 tires laying on their sides, fill them with sand then lay 9 on top, fill with sand and so on till you reach the desired height.
Comments please of any one who have seen or done something simmilar.
Any ideas on what the bullet stopping abbility of a berm like this would be.
I am also looking for a manufacturer of ballistic rubber blocks to use as a bullet trap in my shed, for
hand gun shooting, found 2 on the Net but the prices seem a bit high. 2' x 9" x 12" block is $79.95  I would need 10 to build a 4' x 4' Backstop.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 8:24:29 PM EDT
[#1]
In my experience, sand stops everything in a small amount of space, your idea works.

Just make sure you have 2 rows of tires so the bullets dont fly in between 2 tires.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 8:06:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Defnitely go for two rows, one staggered behind the first.
Link Posted: 10/12/2005 1:45:17 PM EDT
[#3]
This might last you alittle longer Hesco Bastion. It comes in these SIZES. Basically it is one huge sandbage and is able to link together and fills quickly with a front end loader.

Photo Galley of Hesco's

Hescos used in Iraq

This is just a different alternative. Good luck, I wish I had enough room in my yard to build my own shooting range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top