Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2005 4:45:33 AM EDT
Well it happened like this..... I just wanted to go fishing on the grass flats for 2 or 3 hours on Sunday . The wind was bisk... about 20 to 25 coming out of the NE but I was going to be out of the wind fishing for Reds and Sheephead behind an island so who cares.....  Well I set out in my 14 foot john boat that is rigged for flats and the wind chop in the river is bad. I get half way out and I hit a big chop and it happens..... Like in slow motion I watch my Minn Kota 55lb Rip Tide trolling motor come off the mount hit the deck and fall into the river......Not a DAMN thing I could do but watch it go over. I try to throwing for it about 5 minuets and I take sooooo much water over the side from the chop that I have to leave so not to sink. I should have staid home. I want out yesterday for 2 hours and dragged the area but nothing...... Well that sucked!!!!! It was almost brand new!!!!

Slug-O
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:03:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Know any divers?  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:31:06 AM EDT
[#2]
even if you get it back it's probably shot now.  losing things over the side sucks.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:14:45 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
even if you get it back it's probably shot now.  losing things over the side sucks.  

I doubt its shot. If you can recover it, it'll just have to dry out for a week or so AFTER you submerge it in freshwater and rinse it real well. If you know any divers worth their regulators and have a good idea of where you lost it, I'd say go fetch it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:19:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Not sure where you're located, but if the bait shrimpers drag the flats there like they do here, it's already gone.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:52:56 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I doubt its shot. If you can recover it, it'll just have to dry out for a week or so AFTER you submerge it in freshwater and rinse it real well. If you know any divers worth their regulators and have a good idea of where you lost it, I'd say go fetch it.

I'm not too familiar with trolling motors, so I was ASSuming that it was an electric kicker.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:47:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I draged a jetty achor for 2 hrs and threw a cast net also.I had a 30 yd by 40 yd good idea of where it went over. Trust me on all the confusion I did mybest to get a pinpoint of where it went over at. The bottom is really muddy and its been blowing for 3 days at 20 mph here so seeing in the water is not going to happen.

Slug-O
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 11:50:54 AM EDT
[#7]
WALMART has the best price on new ones.

Sorry to hear it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:09:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Well it happened like this..... I just wanted to go fishing on the grass flats for 2 or 3 hours on Sunday . The wind was bisk... about 20 to 25 coming out of the NE but I was going to be out of the wind fishing for Reds and Sheephead behind an island so who cares.....  Well I set out in my 14 foot john boat that is rigged for flats and the wind chop in the river is bad. I get half way out and I hit a big chop and it happens..... Like in slow motion I watch my Minn Kota 55lb Rip Tide trolling motor come off the mount hit the deck and fall into the river......Not a DAMN thing I could do but watch it go over. I try to throwing for it about 5 minuets and I take sooooo much water over the side from the chop that I have to leave so not to sink. I should have staid home. I want out yesterday for 2 hours and dragged the area but nothing...... Well that sucked!!!!! It was almost brand new!!!!

Slug-O

Should have went shooting with us sunday. See it's God's way of telling you your'e not shooting enough.

Jake
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 6:05:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Dont Fuckning rub it in Jake

Slug-O
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:17:18 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Dont Fuckning rub it in Jake

Slug-O

Well at least U did not loose your job like I did Tuesday. Time to go job hunting again. I think I will use the system this time.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:23:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Coulda been one of your rifles...............
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top