Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2005 12:04:41 PM EDT

I'd like to present to =HIT= the Battlefield 2 video, "I Wait For You There". All footage was taken from live ingame Battlefield 2 Recordings of the September 22nd Scrimmage games between =HIT= and Hellsfury.  I did this video solely for the purpose of getting used to using Adobe Premiere Pro for use on future shoots.

In creating this video I wanted to make it appear as "some kind" of storyline instead of following just strict ingame combat. In choosing the music, I was stuck w/ the decision of, "Do I follow the same path that so many others have in the past and stick metal songs or chart another path?" I ended up choosing two (2) songs that I've grown fond of and finally a third song to build the combat sequence of the move around.

In the opening sequence you will hear the "Blackhawk Down Theme Song" that several are starting to use in their own video productions. For the combat sequence, I used the opening track, "The Battle" from the "Gladiator Soundtrack". Finally, for the ending sequence, I used the End Theme of "Man on Fire" which is played during the credits of that movie. In my opinion the songs fit the storyline and the battle sequences perfectly.

I started working on it on Friday, September 23rd and finally completed rendering this final version this morning at 1:00 AM. I then uploaded it to a FTP I always use and completed uploading at 11:00 EST. In total, I exhausted 34-hours of my personal time in getting this video exactly where I wanted it. All for almost 14-minutes of footage.

With that being said, I present to you, "I Wait For You There".
========================

File Name: I_Wait_For_You_There.DiVX6.avi
File Size: 401 MB
Video Encoded: DivX (DivX 6)
Audio Encoded: No compression
Frame Size: 720 x 480

Right Click here and select Save Target As to start your download.

Post Script
Additional mirrors would be greatly appreciated as I'm going to advertise this video on as many sites as possible. I'm sure I will be picking up more on the way however.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 3:58:16 PM EDT
[#1]
started to d/l, but said it was going to take 1.5 hours.  Is that normal with DSL?
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:12:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
started to d/l, but said it was going to take 1.5 hours.  Is that normal with DSL?

Being the first night that I posted this, there are a TON of ppl on the server right now downloading it at the same time.  I only have one mirror right now and no ones offering alternative hosts.  Normally the server pumps out horrendous speeds but as of right now it's not due to the overload.

Sorry.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:14:33 PM EDT
[#3]
i am speachless....

+1

ok now some critique.. nothin` big ...

i think bitrate should be slightly lower, audio compresion (mp2/ ac3) would help on size...
maybe you should try after effects + magic bullet suite (for color correction, so it does look less as a game footage) maybe convert to 24 fps, maybe a bit of film grain and/or film scratches....

I REALLY LIKE THIS FILM!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:39:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Very nice!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:54:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
i think bitrate should be slightly lower, audio compresion (mp2/ ac3) would help on size...
maybe you should try after effects + magic bullet suite (for color correction, so it does look less as a game footage) maybe convert to 24 fps, maybe a bit of film grain and/or film scratches....

Sweet!  This is exactly the critique I need on these types of things!  Thank you thank you thank you! Seriously.  Glad you enjoyed the film.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:02:06 PM EDT
[#6]
good job
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 10:39:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Swet ass movie.  Just pulled it down in 12 minutes on cable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top