Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/29/2005 5:52:31 AM EDT
From the other post in this section, I've interpreted that I can ship a rifle in-state to another private party without the involvement of an FFL.  

However, to ship to an out-of-state FFL, is there anything special I would have to do, or is it as simple as boxing the rifle up and Fedexing it?  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:20:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I would take it to a FFL just to have some kind of record shipping it. There is post on this board about it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:41:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I would take it to a FFL just to have some kind of record shipping it. There is post on this board about it.

the link to the ATF site simply says it's okay for a non-ffl to ship to an ffl; I was hoping a non-ffl who has actually shipped a gun could tell me if there was anything special involved, if he ran into any particular headaches dealing with FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc.  but then again, reading comprehension never really was my strong point.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:03:26 PM EDT
[#3]
I have have sent six long guns out of state to FFLs. I go to the Post Office, tell them its a rifle. they say ok and off it goes. It does have to go registered mail in an unmarked box. Only once they looked in their rule book and then said ok.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:54:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I have shipped a pistol to S&W through Fed-Ex.  The Fed-Ex guy showed up with a call tag and said "I guess you got a gun, need a box?"  that was that.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:01:26 AM EDT
[#5]
that's just the info I was looking for.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 9:56:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I have shipped 2 guns. One was  a shotgun that went USPS. The teller didnt know what to do, so they get the boss who did know what to do. Took me into his office and completed the transaction with no problems. The second was a hand gun I shipped FedEx. I did it through my bros business acoount so there was no questions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top