Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/28/2005 5:13:40 PM EDT
Any curio & relic people here?

If so, great - say hi!

http://world.guns.ru/assault/m16.jpg
original military issue AR-15 / M16 rifle (circa 1965), with no forward assist and with the original three-prong flash hider

http://world.guns.ru/assault/m16a1.jpg
M16A1 rifle, with the forward assist, "bird cage" flash hider and the 20 rounds magazine (1967)
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:43:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Paperwork going out today!!!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:46:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Have had one for about three years now (yes, have renewed). Greatest thing since sliced bread since we get the dealer discounts w/ a couple of the online shops. Don't know if we'll be seeing M16s or even early AR-15s on the C&R approved list, though.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:06:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a mint 1944 Mauser K98 8x57mm carbine, does that count?  

I don't actively collect "relics," but this rifle was just too nice to pass up.  

edit: I wasn't aware that "C&R" required a license.  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:58:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I've had my C&R for about a month, and have yet to buy anything - I've bought plenty of ammo through the mail, and some holsters, mags, etc. Which is good, in a way, because that left enough available cash to place an order for the AR15.com 2005 SEBR Bushmaster rifle.

However, after reading though this site about how to build an AR, I've thought about buying the upper/lower units from RRA and doing it myself.  I'll go this way for my next AR - which, if the clinical research documentation regarding the spread of BRD is accurate, should be sometime next spring.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 6:55:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had my C&R for about 4 years now.  It all started with an M48 from AIM and I've been broke ever since.  I've logged in almost 70 in my book and logged out 10 so I'm at about 60 C&Rs on hand.  It's mostly rifles but I've got maybe 25 C&R pistols.

What sucks is that more than anything right now I want a WWII Colt 1911A1.  It would pretty much complete my 20th Century US Military collection.  But as I save up some money I end up spending it on cheaper milsurps.  Grrrr.

LL
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:18:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Ahh yes.. I to have been exposed to the dreaded C&R curse. Symptoms consist of low bank account , High credit card balance and shakes at the sight of those brown trucks.Not to mention the back problems from sleeping in the dog house.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top