Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2005 5:34:49 PM EDT
 Hey everyone, just found this forum on here, thought I would check in.  I recently aquired a Stag Arms 15 (flattop).  Have not actually shot it yet but I am itching to get to a range.  I Live in New Tampa and have heard there is a range north of ehre (Dade City) and one south of here, Gun Crafters, Ruskin.  Has anyone ehre shot at theese ranges? I am very active on the sigforum and would be intrested in any type of central FL meet & shoot that goes on.  Plus, I have so many questions its not funny, and I need to pay up so I can use the search button :).  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:22:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Welcome aboard.

Check out www.fdcc.us for some fun.  That's all for now, but feel free to ask questions.

-White Horse
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:06:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Great site, if only it wasint 6 hours away, it be there every month.  Really hoping someone in my area chimes in on a good place to shoot or join.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:36:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Wilkommen! Come join us for the Informal shoot in Punta Gorda at the end of October. I live in Tampa and I'm STILL going
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:30:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Knights in North St Pete has a indoor rifle range. If you military or public service worker you get 1 hr range time with 2 targets for 10 bucks I think. Oyeah its Air Conditioned too.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:48:29 AM EDT
[#5]
congrats on the acquisition & welcome to the board!  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:06:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Welcome aboard BucBrew.

Here's a couple places to shoot rifles, both are about an hours drive from you.

Hernando Sportsmans Club
Manatee Gun Club

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:01:18 AM EDT
[#7]
+1 HERNANDO- good to my kids
+1 MANATEE - long range shooting
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:08:21 AM EDT
[#8]
BucBrew,

The FDCC shoot shouldn't be 6 hours away for you.  All you have to do is come staight up 75.  Maybe 4 hours.

There is also a Monthly (I think) shoot at Babcock/Webb, which is in the Ft. Myers area, maybe 2 hours south of you.  They are having a Dinner Saturday October 22nd and a shoot Sunday October 23rd.  I should be there and I'll be driving down from Tallahassee, now that's a 6 hour drive.

Welcome aboard and here are the links for the October activites

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=10&t=209860

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=10&t=209977
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 7:38:35 PM EDT
[#9]
I will try to make the punta gorda, has anyone ever shot at the dade city range?
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 10:59:08 AM EDT
[#10]
I'll hafta check out the Manatee club. I haven't been there yet. I live in SRQ and usually shoot at Take Aim. Of course, I've been to the Ocala Nat'l Forest several times with some friends up that way too.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:40:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I will try to make the punta gorda, has anyone ever shot at the dade city range?

No, but I am thinking it has a nice ring to it.

Anyone with info on it?

length, restrictions (if any), and set-up?

Only an hour or so north of my place.

Oh...........Welcome aboard, BucBrew!! (3-0, Baby!!! with a lame Detroit coming up..)
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 12:56:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I called there today they are not membership only and have a 50 and 100yd range.  They also have clays and archery.  Its about 30mins from my house im seriously thinking of checking it out this weekend.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 1:37:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I've driven by the Dade City range but have not shot there.  You might also consider the Wyoming Antelope Club in Pinellas County (just South of Ulmerton Road and about 3 lights west of the Howard Frankland Bridge).  WAC is a nice facility and had a lot of different competitions but it's a little expensive ($10 for non members) and single load only if your not a high power competitor.

I'm hoping to get down to Manatee tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:36:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Im sorry but whats a single load?  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 7:25:14 PM EDT
[#15]
BucBrew, welcome!

Secondly...don't bother with Knights unless you want to spend a fortune shooting there. On the other hand you can shoot rapid fire, just blasting away.
But for a nicer (if much slower) time go to Wyoming antelope club which is right off of Ulmerton/Roosevelt. www.antelopeclub.org/ More rules but it's outdoors which is nicer and there are 25, 50, 100 yd ranges to shoot on. It's single shot in that you can only load one round at a time unless you're a member in which case you can load a whopping 3. This is the biggest downside but other than that it's a nice place to shoot.

Thirdly...why go all the way up to FDCC? You've got one of the best tactical rifle courses right in your own back yard at the Hernando range www.flpracticalshooting.com/action.html It's tons of fun to shoot, convenient and always a little different. Lots of guys show up from around the area (maybe 50-60 people on a good day). Go up the suncoast expressway to SR52(?) turn left, go to US19 and go north for a few miles. Should take you about 45 minutes to get there.

See you around!

-Observer

Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:37:11 PM EDT
[#16]
A little off subject but I am currently looking for employment in the Tampa area. I have a Masters and great experience in IT, Management and Sales. I am not necessary limiting myself to those items.... Any help pointing me in the right direction for a job will be greatly appreciated. and Possibly rewarded…

I can email my resume if needed.

Thanks so much in advance..
-Greg
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 8:49:47 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

They only let you load, chamber and fire one round at a time.  Bolts, semis, doesn't matter.  

I second teh vote for The Manatee Gun Club.  Great place.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:26:52 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They only let you load, chamber and fire one round at a time.  Bolts, semis, doesn't matter.  

I second teh vote for The Manatee Gun Club.  Great place.

That is POSITIVLY the MOST ASSANINE thing I have EVER heard
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:01:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Yeah im suprised to say the least, does that mean I can only load the mag with 1 round at a time?  Im use to indoor pistol ranges where I could practice rapid fire if I wanted.  DOnt get me wrong, the long distance shots should be a great challenge but I would liek to be able to run through my clip as i please.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:33:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Heres some info for you guys in the land o lakes/NE tampa area looking for some ranges.

Tampa - Shooting Sports Inc., 7811 N. Dale Mabry Highway, Tampa, FL 33614.
Phone: 813-933-3000
Facilities include: Indoor Pistol (25 yds), Indoor Rifle (50 yds)
Hours of Operation: 10-10, 7 days a week
Range Access: Public
Email: [email protected]

I called them, they are a 50yd indoor range, rapid fire allowed, call to reserve time or if nobody is waiting shoot all you like.

Dade City - Dade City Rod & Gun Club, Inc., 35445 U.S.R. 52th, Dade City, FL 33526.
Phone: 352-521-3165
Facilities include: Outdoor Pistol (33 ft, 50 ft, 25, 50 yds), Outdoor Rifle (50, 100 yds), Pistol Silhouette, Muzzleloading, Archery, Airgun
Range Access: Public

Theese guys are only openn on the  weekends and friday I believe.

Ruskin - Gun Craft, Inc. -Gun Craft Pistol & Rifle Club-, 2403 21st Ave. S.E., Ruskin, FL 33570.
Phone: 813-645-3828
Facilities include: Outdoor Pistol (35 yds), Outdoor Rifle (100 yds, by appt.), Muzzleloading, Airgun
Range Access: Private

Members only range, but sounds like they have allot of fun events going on, however I never hear anyone talk about it..  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top