Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2005 9:15:54 PM EDT
I know that part of the requirements to get my Florida CCW permit is proof of training.  This website says the following: "Get verification of training that satisfies the training requirement. The application lists acceptable documents."  I have requested an application packet, but does anybody have one, with them, that could list what are considered "acceptable documents?"  The reason I am asking is that I am in the USAF, and I would like to see if my current M-16 training qualifies, and what document I need to send in.  Basically I want to see if my firearms training card (AF form 522) is on the list of "acceptable documents."  Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:03:18 AM EDT
[#1]
From chaprter 790 Florida Statutes 790.06(2)(h)(5)

“Presents evidence of equivalent experience with a firearm through participation in organized shooting competition or military service.”

I would think copies of your weps card and your current mil ID would be sufficient.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:20:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:00:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you are in the military all you need is a copy of your DD214.

J

precisely.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:35:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I decided to call the Fl Department of Agriculture - Division of Licensing and asked them.  For active duty military they only need a copy of my military ID card.  I don't have a DD214 because that is a "Certificate of Release or Discharge From Active Duty."  Obviously I don't have one of those if I'm still on active duty.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:49:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Send EVERYTHING you have to show firearms proficiency. It shows that you have taken an extra step to be trained.
I served 10 years in the USMC; I supplied a copy of my DD214 AND a copy of a certificate of a county SO training course.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:34:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top