Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2005 6:47:52 PM EDT
I didnt see this come up on the general board:

...some jackass ripped off a bunch of stuff from the Osceola range at the FDCC shoot last sunday.  I got "lucky" as i only came up missing my favorite Sig her.

I'm not here to whine though, i'd like to thank all the people that helped ID the b*****d and give all the info they could.  FL-AR15 offered his site for pictures of the weapons, and someone else offered their digipics to the LE.  I certainly wont hold this against either the UF club or FDCC and i'll likely be out for more shoots again.

to all :  THANKS AGAIN
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:52:59 PM EDT
[#1]
do they have him in custody?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:55:17 PM EDT
[#2]
The guns went missing from 2 different ranges, correct?  

Several of us, myself included, took a bunch of pics & short vids there.  If any of that might help in ID'ing this sorry scum just let us know.  

Someone thought they recognized the getaway vehicle.  Any descriptions for the suspected perps?  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:22:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry to hear about your loss.  The only reason I didn't post anything about this earlier is was not to tip off the jackass who ripped you and another gentleman off.  I guess its out in the forums now so here goes.  He obviously recognized some people down at the FDCC shoot.  This means that either:

(A) He reads AR15.com
(B) Has gone to gun gallery
(C) Has scoped out FDCC in the past

There are some other details from Sunday I'd rather not post.  PM me if you want more details.

Tyrone
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:35:39 PM EDT
[#4]
I had left a couple guns unattended in a neat little pile on the middle range while shooting the COF, admiring the M249 show, etc.  I packed up and left before the theif made his move, I feel real lucky that I am not now posting about losing my stuff here...

From now on when I am shooting at Osceola I am going to start locking all of my stuff in my car and bringing out only one gun at a time.  Combined with the notice about the stolen varmint rifle from the Osceola range that got sent out on the "Friends of the Osceola" e-mail list a couple months ago it appears some scumbags have targeted the range.  I hope they catch the bastard and you guys get your stuff back.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:52:44 PM EDT
[#5]
[content removed]

just pissed that i let it out of my sight head.gif
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:57:36 AM EDT
[#6]

Sorry to hear that man.  When I was there on Sunday afternoon, I noticed an awful lot of people apparently not associated with FDCC, just there at the same time.  You really can't trust strangers to do the right thing anymore.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:21:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Interesting.  I was planning on attending but got the honey do list the night before and figured it would not work out.  Barring any major issues, I will be there next month.

I hope you guys get your weapons back.  I would not be a happy camper about that...

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:47:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Damn.  Sorry to hear that, and hoping for swift recovery of the goods & terrible retribution for the dirtbag perp(s).  

The worst thing that has ever happened to me is that a few of my AR mags disappeared at Markham Park.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:42:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Dude that SUCKS, Sorry to hear it.

I hope you catch the Bastard

Peolpe these days
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 2:36:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Damn that does suck................

I use that range alot, and often walk down range with my stuff on the table............. well except the pistol on my hip.....
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:36:57 PM EDT
[#11]
uhh yeah.  i'm thinking from now on i'll have a [insert make and model of next pistol here] strapped to my leg and if anyone as much as looks at my shit funny... well...
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:28:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:25:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Was there and that really sucks, because me and two freinds had 3 rifles(m4's) , range bags, and even at one piont my wallet out in the open and even unattended (we all walked down to the last range to shot an mp5)....

Sucks  

Mike
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:33:12 PM EDT
[#14]
That is really nuts.  Sorry to hear that guys.  Its a shame to have to do it but it might be a good idea to take a digital photograph of all cars' plates that are at the range.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:17:30 PM EDT
[#15]
yeah.  that was my first time out there, and i was pleased to finally find a relaxed atmosphere that uses common sense as a weapon safety.  however, i think it may be necessary to have people at least sign in and list a plate number or something.  this stuff cant keep happening (not that there is a history of it)
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 10:11:20 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
... i think it may be necessary to have people at least sign in and list a plate number or something.  this stuff cant keep happening (not that there is a history of it)

Loud and clear...

Mike
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:57:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:43:53 PM EDT
[#18]
+1 he speaks the truth. like i said before.  wish i hadnt let it out of my sight.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 7:41:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Well said.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 8:20:30 PM EDT
[#20]
That totally blows and I hope they get nabbed.

I always thought folks were too trusting at ranges. I always try to make sure someone is watching my stuff. I have seen too many folks getting close to my gear and others gear. One time at Markham park I yelled a d guy for handling another guys rifle behind the line. Guy turns around and catches him because he heard me.

I dont trust anyone anywhere.

You have pics of what was taken? serial #s? Maybe some local shops can keep an eye out if you are on good terms with the local shops.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:25:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Gotta agree... no draconian steps. Let's not punish the non-guilty, but hang the guilty sumbitches when they get caught!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:11:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Idea-

Find the perpetrator and use them as the focal piece of next month's COF.

Seriously, though, that frickin sucks and I am sorry to hear it happened.  This sort of thing is why I very rarely go to public ranges anymore.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:27:28 AM EDT
[#23]
I agree that taking info/photos at the range would get a very negative response.  

I don't even like the fact that Markham takes my driver's license # when I sign in.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:19:27 PM EDT
[#24]
yeah i had the serial # for the pistol.  i didnt have pics because it was a bone-stock P226... nothing special about it. looks like thousands of others.

i could claim necessary force if i had to shoot someone in the act stealing my guns, right? after all, he did have a gun or it wouldn't be a problem in the first place
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:31:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Someone had to have a serious set of balls to do that. That, or really stupid.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:50:47 PM EDT
[#26]
So where are we on helping Andy out on replacements?  Seems the fdcc board is not visited much so I don't have any replies.  Does Andy still read this board?

Let me know,
White Horse
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:52:17 PM EDT
[#27]
What all was taken?  If we had an idea what was taken, we can perhaps be on the lookout for the stuff at local gun shows and such.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 4:43:20 PM EDT
[#28]
This is why i try to go as early as possible to avoid these idiots.
I figure their are too lazy to get up early.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:37:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:10:42 PM EDT
[#30]
not the best pic, but a generic west german stamped slide P226 circa 1987-1988 i think.

http://plaza.ufl.edu/rstarowe/stolen226.jpg

ETA: best i can say is identify the worn finish on the front of the trigger guard, and the front strap of the grip.  it has the standard old style plastic grips and its a 9mm with the 3-dot sight setup.  if you see it, let me know and i'll verify the serial number...

P.S. i was playing couch commando at the time
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:28:21 PM EDT
[#31]
If you can post the info at local shops and offer a reward.

We had a customer get some guns stolen and within a week someone tried to sell them to us. We checked the #s and sure enough it was them. We took the DL# and photo copied it, saved the security tapes, offered a check to buy the guns, called cops, called owner. Cops said to go ahead and issue a check, our ATF buddy said its was ok as well since we knew the guns were stolen we didnt want to catch any crap for knowingly buying stolen goods.

Cops took too long and guys left but we got the guns , the owner got them back, the cops said to go ahead and put a stop on the check. Heard they got busted for something else later.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:03:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Is this it, or are there more?  I want to cross post the missing items to the mailing list of some local ranges, just in case.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:45:42 PM EDT
[#33]
that is a complete list.  3 weapons stolen from 2 individuals.  I like i said do have the serials but i'm not sure if i should release it (at least not publically).

thanks to all for the  concern and offers for help.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:14:51 PM EDT
[#34]
Any pics or description of the possible suspect(s)?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:12:24 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
So where are we on helping Andy out on replacements?  Seems the fdcc board is not visited much so I don't have any replies.  Does Andy still read this board?

Let me know,
White Horse

Well?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:11:30 PM EDT
[#36]
?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:37:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:22:25 PM EDT
[#38]
I will keep an eye out for ya when Im out and if anyone wants to email me some more info I would be happy to give it to the local shops and some of the other locals to watch for.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:08:18 PM EDT
[#39]
That does suck,At least the the # are reported stolen,if they do sell them,wont they turn up?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:56:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top