Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2005 1:10:18 PM EDT
Im sick and tired of dead end jobs and half-assed companies/supervisors.

I have wanted to be a LEO since I was like 15, now I'm 25 and with yet another dead end job, I have been thinking about going to HCC for the Academy and finaly doing what I have wanted.

Besides losing weight whata'ya think? Thoughts, Opinions?-

NonC
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:40:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:13:13 PM EDT
[#2]
25? thats it?   that aint old...  Like Aim said, you wont know if you dont try.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:38:32 AM EDT
[#3]
C'mon? 25!Your a baby!!Go for it.....and ignore the Silver Infiniti on 75.

jj
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:11:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I went through the academy at 24 and was one of the youngest in the class....not too old at all. If thats what you want then go for it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:54:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Im sick and tired of dead end jobs and half-assed companies/supervisors.

I have wanted to be a LEO since I was like 15, now I'm 25 and with yet another dead end job, I have been thinking about going to HCC for the Academy and finaly doing what I have wanted.

Besides losing weight whata'ya think? Thoughts, Opinions?-

NonC

as aim said, youll never know till you try.... food for thought : a couple of years ago at the swfcja
(the po,po, academy of s.w. fla) there was a man i think(around) 65yoa AND he graduated.. also MANY 40+ yoa persons graduate all the time. start your pt NOW and start reading over G.E.D. books for the bat testing that you will have to take to get in.  well worth the effort. ive seen down-right sloth'ie folks get  through it. you will no-longer have a "job" but a "career".  good luck any way you go....
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:03:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Ever Since I set foot in a Patrol Car as an Explorer I have wanted to become a Peace Officer, but life kept getting in the way so it hasnt happened YET.

Can't wait! Hopefully I can Land a Job with an agency fairly soon after Academy

Thanks Y'all
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:26:21 AM EDT
[#7]
If you are really serious start looking for a job now. There are many agencies that will hire you before the academy and sponser you through. This is the best case in that you are getting a salary and getting all your schooling paid for. Do you have any college or military experience? Just so you know the application process is long and drawn out...most seem to take anywhere from 4-8 months, so get started now.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:56:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Hell, I'm 30 and filling out applications for some departments now.  I spoke with an administrator at the Indian River Community College's academy program last year.  She basically said that they preferred older (late 20s to early 30s) applicants due to the higher maturity level.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:06:50 PM EDT
[#9]
I was hoping that would be the case, and COOL name by the way XeroSygnal
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:04:55 PM EDT
[#10]
think of it this way.....your 25 going on 26, you'llg et out of the acadamy 26 going on 27 and you'll retire 56 going on 57, that ain't too bad if you ask me. Thats still young enough to enjoy life and go on world trips and all that expensive after kids stuff.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:53:47 AM EDT
[#11]
my wife always tells me that if I weren't such a p#ssy, I'd have real potential as a meter maid.  

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:22:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
my wife always tells me that if I weren't such a p#ssy, I'd have real potential as a meter maid.  

ouch, that was rather harsh on your-self... need a hug?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:27:10 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ouch, that was rather harsh on your-self... need a hug?

oh, I'm hugging myself right now.  I figured out a real covert way to do it in the office & nobody is the wiser.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top