Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/19/2005 6:19:16 PM EDT
hey, question for FL ccw buffs..

Wife is now a florida resident in jacksonville, I am still in Ohio getting my degree and I will be down very soon. Is there a way I can work it so I can put my name on my wife's lease and claim myself as a FL resident to apply for a florida permit? I realize i could apply for an out of state permit but driving down there I would like to be honored in all those states that have recip. with FL.

Doable?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:48:57 PM EDT
[#1]
you don't need to be a florida resident to get a florida permit. dude over on ak-47.net who lives in missori which just got its ccw his a-hole sherrif refuses to approve permits. BUT under missori law they have receprocity with us so he side stepped his idiot sherrif and got a florida permit!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:22:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
you don't need to be a florida resident to get a florida permit. dude over on ak-47.net who lives in missori which just got its ccw his a-hole sherrif refuses to approve permits. BUT under missori law they have receprocity with us so he side stepped his idiot sherrif and got a florida permit!

true, but certain states do not 'honor' 'out of state permits'
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:05:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:17:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

true, but certain states do not 'honor' 'out of state permits'

The only State I know of that Specifies that they do not recognize permits that are not your home State IS Florida.  Florida figures that if your going to live in State "A" and get a State "B" CCW, it should be Florida.

I believe there was an issue in Michigan where residents of Michigan can't get a Florida CCW to carry in Michigan, but that's all I am aware of

If you live in Ohio (or any other State), you can get a Florida CCW and carry in Florida any time you like.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:56:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
When you come down go ahead and change your DL to Florida

That would require florida tags and insurance though correct?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:28:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope. You don't need a car to have a DL.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:38:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope. You don't need a car to have a DL.

Right.  Change your DL over to your wife's address in Freakville and fill out your paperwork with that address on everything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top