Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2005 9:24:26 AM EDT

I AM SORRY AND HATE THAT THIS CONFLICTS WITH THE SW FLORIDA SHOOT ON THE SAME DATE

Road Ends Range, which is little slice of shooting heaven in the overdeveloped realm of Central Florida is hosting their monthly "tactical shoot" this Sunday August 21st at 10:00 am.

Road Ends Range is directly off of Hwy 27 in Haines City about 5-6 miles south of I-4. The range is at the end of the dirt road directly across from WEBB'S CANDY FACTORY "The Goat Milk Fudge" factory (well marked with signs) and heads west. You can't miss it. When you come in the gate be sure to lock it behind you so the cows dont get out !!!!

The folks that own this range are awesome. The shoot is very informal and is not a competition but more of a tactical shooting practice. They have all types of structures, targets and various types of steel to play with. You can bring anything you want to shoot (as long as it lis egal) NFA, handguns, rifles etc. We chip in $5 to $10 dollars to cover IPSC targets and help set up and tear down.

This is one of the few opportunities, outside of private land, where you can shoot what you want and practice in a tactical style enviroment without a bunch of range NAZI ROs or egos bustin your balls.

WE ARE VERY SAFETY ORIENTED.

CRYBABIES OR WHINERS NEED NOT APPLY.  YOU MUST BE CAPABLE OF PLAYING NICE WITH OTHERS.

Come on out and have a great time.

Any questions email or IM me.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:43:34 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:00:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I will try to be there.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:07:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Come on out....good times for all

Bringing your SIG "552" ?  Wishfully have my fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:14:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Dang dang dang!!! I haven't checked this forum in a while and missed the thread.

sounds like a good time. please post a few weeks in advance before you do this again as I'd like to come over.
do the 'nfa toys allowed' meets happen each month?

How does it compare to the action rifle matches in Hernando?

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 12:31:59 AM EDT
[#5]
We are basically just a group gettin to gether for a fun shoot which is more practice oriented than a competition

They are"shooting" to do this every 3rd Sunday.

These are truly some really nice folks out there.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:14:08 PM EDT
[#6]
i have been out of town so i missed this by one day! but i would be very interested in coming over the next time you have a defensive shoot. Would like to get my AR on a defensive course!

Look forward to shoots in the future

AA
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:18:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Whens the next one and how "tactical" is it gonna be
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:47:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Shooting for third Sunday of the month.

This last one I designed a COF where you engaged a target with controlled pairs from 50yds, advanced to cover and emerged from a doorway to engage a target at 30yds.  On your move to the next cover you had to shoot a hidden close in target on the move.

At your next cover, engage 4 sets of targets with CP's from 10-15yards.... each target required negotiating a different cover opportunity.

You then transitioned to your secondary to engage various (9) steel reactive targets within a "shoothouse" of sorts (made of plastic drums) offering various cover opportunities.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:57:40 AM EDT
[#9]
SWEET!

I'll have to try and be at the next one
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:27:27 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
SWEET!

I'll have to try and be at the next one

You and me both.  Sounds like a good time.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:46:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Do you still have to shoo the cows away before you can shoot?  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:14:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Do you still have to shoo the cows away before you can shoot?  

Cows and Emu's that last itme I was there!

Chris,  I am mad that I missed that COF it sounds like a bunch of rounds down range and funas all get out too!

How did ya do over all?

The hunny do list was a lil longer than I thought and I didn't get done around the house until about 1300.  So I just relaxed the rest of the day.

Did ya run with the full auto stuff this time?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top