Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2005 9:47:08 AM EDT
How many of you have heard of Lisa Gerrard?  I'm sure many if not most of you have heard her sing but have no idea who she is.  I started listening to a soundtrack of Black Hawk Down a few days ago and I absolutely loved the voice.  I've always loved it when I heard it.  I've actually heard the same exact voice in several different movie's, Gladiator and Man on Fire to name a few.  So I had to find out who it was and if there was more music available by this talented artist.

Here's some audio bytes to chew on that you might recognize.

Song One - Gladiator

Song Two - Black Hawk Down

Song Three - Man on Fire

Tell me if you also fall in love w/ her music as I did.  Here's a link to her official website.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:31:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Not something I would listen to in the car, but her music is definately a great choice for movies. I can see why it was chosen for those movies.

Those types of songs are always played in war movies when everything slows down. Very dramatic.

Thanks for sharing MM
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:29:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:51:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Man on Fire is an awesome flick!

Made me take the cigarette lighters out of all my cars though...

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:03:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Man on Fire is an awesome flick!

Made me take the cigarette lighters out of all my cars though...

LOL
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:44:34 PM EDT
[#5]
great movie.  Denzel Washington nailed his character.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:10:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Man on Fire was fantastic, but a little sad.  I love Denzel in anything.  I was surprised at how often Lisa Gerrard's song was in the movie.  The whole sound track seemed pretty good.  And yeah, Burney, the cigarette lighter scene was pretty intense - along with several others.  I gained a new appreciation for the versatility of duct tape, also.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:19:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Lisa was awesome in man on fire.

THe movie was excellent. It would be perfect had it not been for a serious misuse of Christopher Walken.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:28:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Man on Fire was fantastic...

Posted Man on Fire ending theme.  Nearly a 10-minute song.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:30:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the music information.  It is hauntingly beautiful.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:27:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Is she a Floridian?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:33:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Heya:

I have been listening to Dead Can Dance since the 80's.  Where were you in 1987?    Within the Realm of a Dying Sun is agreat album with the best song being Anywhere out of the World in my opinion.  There's plenty of great music to explore on http://www.lisagerrard.com/  If the 4AD label albums intrigue you, Lonely is An Eyesore is a fantastic compilation album.

I got my Mom The Mirror Pool for her birthday a few weeks back and she already has Duality.  Duality is cool if you like chants in Aramaic.  

Have fun!

-White Horse

p.s.  Yes, we (my family and I) still listen to Lisa and Dead Can Dance on a regular basis.  We are, as we say "The REAL Addam's Family."  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 3:51:24 AM EDT
[#12]
you all need to be introduced to Slayer.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:54:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
How many of you have heard of Lisa Gerrard?  I'm sure many if not most of you have heard her sing but have no idea who she is.  I started listening to a soundtrack of Black Hawk Down a few days ago and I absolutely loved the voice.  I've always loved it when I heard it.  I've actually heard the same exact voice in several different movie's, Gladiator and Man on Fire to name a few.  So I had to find out who it was and if there was more music available by this talented artist.

Here's some audio bytes to chew on that you might recognize.

Song One - Gladiator

Song Two - Black Hawk Down

Song Three - Man on Fire

Tell me if you also fall in love w/ her music as I did.  Here's a link to her official website.

www.lisagerrard.com/photos/img/photo47.jpg

It's alright to come out of the closet. Several LDS folks have done so already with very few shake-ups. I for one wouldn't think less of you.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:26:57 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
It's alright to come out of the closet. Several LDS folks have done so already with very few shake-ups. I for one wouldn't think less of you.

LOL  You remind me of a kid who had just been grounded by his parents and sent to his room and is now throwing a tantrem.  Was your ego hurt that much?  You're a grown man aren't you?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:41:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top