Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 5:34:18 PM EDT
Who else has been there?

Last few times I've noticed they've had this "Use range ammunition only" policy at the range. Allegedly its a Palm Beach County ordinance saying all that ranges in PBC have to follow this, and shooters must use ammo sold at the range.

I couldn't find this ordinance anywhere in municode. Is this just a way for them to charge me $16 for a 500rd box of .22lr?

For now I think I'll stick to heading way the heck out to markham park, its much more fun going there. That way I can buy cheaper ammunition elsewhere, since its not even in the same county.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:38:28 PM EDT
[#1]
chances are they are full of it.....
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 4:37:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Not an ordinance, just something most of the PBC range owners decided to do to boost thier profits.

Not sure just how good a job its done though, I havent been back since this went into effect.  Anyone been there before/after the change able to tell if theyre actually doing better or worse financially?
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:19:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Not sure just how good a job its done though, I havent been back since this went into effect.  Anyone been there before/after the change able to tell if theyre actually doing better or worse financially?

I was there last week. Seems to be business as usual.

I like most of the guys that work there, but the "only can use our ammo" rule is bullshit. If you're concerned about it, bring several boxes of your own and when you sign in for range time, buy a box of theirs. I'm pretty sure nobody at the counter is counting shots fired in the lanes.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:25:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Just buy the ammo once from them and come back with the same. I went to a range up in WA state and they had the same deal. Bought a case from them and saved the reciept. Once I ran out I would come back with my own same stuff. If they didnt mark the price up almost 200% I wouldnt mind spending the money but when it cost 120.00 for 500rnds of wolf ammo in .233
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:45:14 AM EDT
[#5]
The owners there are pretty cool guys, but I do sure hope they come to their senses soon.

If every range trip I had there didn't cost me an arm and a leg I'd go more often.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top