Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2005 11:42:18 AM EDT
Anybody else get the junk mail offer from them to purchase a "concealed weapons identification shield"?  They want $75 for the shield plus id holder and will include 1 year membership to AFP_CC.

Surely nobody that isn't LE would want to pack around a badge would they?  

In the letter they say "AFPCC has available a shield that is designed to prevent (if your firearm becomes accidentially exposed) you being taken for a criminal!"

How did they get my name?

Anyone else get such an offer?  Yes they mailed to me out here.

Stone
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:10:43 PM EDT
[#1]
No good can come of carting a CCW badge.  Those are just about the silliest damn thing I have EVER seen
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:32:53 PM EDT
[#2]
In the mail, included with my renewal CWP, was this same offer for a badge and permit holder from
AFPCC.

It sounds like a trap where flashing the badge will bring you very bad ju-ju. Maybe that's the trap.
It'd be easier for the anti's to do away with CWP alltogether if permit holders went around flashing their badges when something scary happens.

But, it's probably better in some fucktard's eyes that he flash the badge instead of the pistol.

I believe in a wait and see attitude when it comes to drawing down my Glock upon someone.
I'm not a fan of brandishing a firearm to gain the upper hand in a certain scenario.

If it comes out, it's 'gonna get used. A badge just throws suspicion on you in the eyes of a LEO.

HS1
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:31:15 PM EDT
[#3]

CCW holders are public record in Florida.  They just took your name and address off the list.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 5:57:32 PM EDT
[#4]
its a good way to get arrested for posing as a cop. if your card is good,  thats enough.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:25:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 8:03:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
its a good way to get arrested for posing as a cop. if your card is good,  thats enough.

We've had this discussion before numbnuts.... You can wear a badge in public, you can wear a freaking T-shirt that says POLICE in neon green. you CANNOT tell someone you're a LEO. Big difference between wearing a badge and telling people you're a cop while wearing one.

Oh yeah and wearing a CCW badge is one of the stupidest things in the world. I laugh at people who have them. It's like their junior G-man badge.

J

Ok then, scenario.

John flashes his CC badge hoping to quell an angry man who is verbally threatening him with violence. They are 21 feet apart. The angry man backs off because he suspects John is packing heat.

Wanting a little redemption, the angry guy decides to call 911 and report John for brandishing his firearm and making threats.

If John is still on the scene when LEOs arrive, how will John be greeted?
If John has left the scene and gets pulled over (angry guy reports tag#), how will he be recieved by LEOs?

It's a bad idea to be flashing any badge if you aren't LE.

If i'm pulled over by LE, hands on the wheel, drivers license in one hand and CWP in the other.

I'd rather do away with all this concealed carry bullshit and implement open carry.
Let 'em know up front what's coming. Bad guys know armed citizens don't pay dividends.

HS1

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 12:08:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes i agree a ccw badge is definetly a bad idea.  I posted this cause i was shocked that someone was actualy trying to market the idea and the stupid reason for it.

Quoted from their letter
"AFPCC has available a shield that is designed to prevent (if your firearm becomes accidentially exposed) you being taken for a criminal!"

I wonder if they will sell this to people who don't hold valid current ccw permits?

Does the AFPCC know how most ccw holders feel about this?

They are in Titusville
AFPCC
6350 Horizon Dr.
Titusville, FL 32780
321-264-0911
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:35:27 AM EDT
[#8]

"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges.
I don't have to show you any stinking badges!"

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 9:42:48 AM EDT
[#9]
I thought the concept of CCW was so that NO BODY KNOWS.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:11:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Badges are GAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:09:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Excellent Advice by all.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:24:33 AM EDT
[#12]
LMFAO.  I got the same crap in the mail the other day.  I was laughing so hard my wife came over and hit me with a chair because I was scaring the children.  

Did you read the little helpful pamphlet that was included in the envelope?  (I couldn't help myself)  The one with the list of helpful tips:  1)  to avoid having your house broken into, always remember to lock your doors and windows.   Dayum, that bit of info right there is worth the price of membership!  

don't panic everyone I've got a badge for this thing!

They advertise this sh!t in the gun magazine I subscribe to, so I imagine that's where they got my name from.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:26:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

CCW holders are public record in Florida.  They just took your name and address off the list.

I forgot about that.  I'm sure the publishers sold my info as well, because alot of my junk mail is addressed with the same distinctive misspellings as are on certain magazine subscriptions.    
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:16:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can "opt out" of the mailing list BS. Your name still remains in the public domain, but your address, etc. is removed from access.

If nothing else, get on a No Junk Mail list. Check out www.junkbusters.com/junkmail.html for details how.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top