Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2005 1:22:47 PM EDT
Guys, I might be coming down to live in South Florida. Probably Broward CTY. Comin from Long Island. My Inlaws are down there and my Father in Law has been offering me the world to come down and join his mortgage business. Well its been eatin at me for a while and on august 18th I'm flyin down to check out the operation. I've been down there alot but on Vacation, not some serious life altering trip like the one I'm planning. Anyway what kind of rules as far as guns go in Fla? Anybody wanna show me some ranges in that area that week-end?
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:33:08 PM EDT
[#1]
All I can say in the positive, is, you will LOVE the gun laws down here compared to NY.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:30:38 PM EDT
[#2]
NO AWB laws here. 100 round mags, full autos, SBR. ETC.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 4:46:12 PM EDT
[#3]
"Take me down to a paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty......."

You'll be a nice fit here.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:49:34 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
"Take me down to a paradise city, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty......."

You'll be a nice fit here.

+1
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:56:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:01:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Come on down! Although I'm in Central Florida, I moved from Long Beach, NY. So far, the best move I've made. You'll here a lot about overcrowding(coming from Long Beach, this is not overcrowding to me). And you'll here a lot about horrible traffic in Florida, I've sat in traffic around Orlando, but nothing in comparison to the LIE, Southern State Pkwy, BQE. I wish we would have moved down a year sooner(we moved in Feb2005), we would have got our house $100000. cheaper, but we're paying $7000.00 less in taxes.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:17:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Get him to throw in a 31' Contender with twin E-tecs.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:31:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Guys, I might be coming down to live in South Florida.  
. Anyway what kind of rules as far as guns go in Fla?
in fla and no ccw. rule #1 not readly accessible (as if on your person{door pocket, center conp. under seat])    #2  securely encased..   the law does not state loaded or unloaded.
so loaded in glove box(if door) ss790. if you need more info check out packing.org really good palce for info, we in fla are gun friendly, so bring it with.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 12:04:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:   Anyway what kind of rules as far as guns go in Fla?

Considering Here vs. NewYawkCity, (Long Island is close enough) ....

Hmm, ...

Pretty much NONE.  

Well, there is that new You-Don't-Have-To-Retreat-Before-Defending-Yourself Law.  

Even if you use a GASP  GUNN!

If I give you the address, will you stop in & visit the 4-real, full-auto, M16 I'm buying from a guy in Broward County.  

Be careful though. That evil bullet-hose beast still has a flash-hider, pistol grip & bayo lug on it.    

If you touch it, they may not let you back in anywhere near NewYawkCity.

Seriously though.  
Could you postpone the trip till around Labor Day?
And attend the Hernando Machine Gun Shoot?  That's just above Tampa.

There'll be a few million dollars worth of machine guns there blasting away in all their glory.  Shredding several cars and igniting pounds of Tannerite.
(Better wash up good & change clothes before heading off to the airport sniffers.  )

I'll burn up at least 5,000 rounds myself, plus 2 or 3 cases of Tannerite.  

You're more than welcome to help.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:15:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Seriously though.  

There'll be a few million dollars worth of machine guns there blasting away in all their glory.  Shredding several cars and igniting pounds of Tannerite.
(Better wash up good & change clothes before heading off to the airport sniffers.  )

Yeah, we had a minigun at the last one!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:39:19 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seriously though.  

5K in one day, Is it possible?
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:44:23 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seriously though.  

5K in one day, Is it possible?

Only if you dedicate yourself.

HS1
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:39:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Florida sucks stay where you are.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:19:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Florida sucks stay where you are.

Spoken like a true floridian
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:13:59 AM EDT
[#15]
tickets are booked i will be there on the 19th for 6 nights in Coral Springs
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top