Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/27/2005 10:15:21 AM EDT
Any of you guys have any SANDBAGS that ya snagged for the hurricanes that you arent using or have extra. Im hoping to get about 10-20 of them. I can cover the shipping. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 10:21:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Just a thought...

Try contacting your local Public Works Dept, you should be able to get about 20 bags, for free, this time of year.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 10:34:14 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Just a thought...

Try contacting your local Public Works Dept, you should be able to get about 20 bags, for free, this time of year.

Hmmm. thatll work.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 11:55:45 AM EDT
[#3]
If you are in Pinellas, you can pick them up at the Fire Stations for free and they will give you white sand to put in them as well.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 12:22:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If you are in Pinellas, you can pick them up at the Fire Stations for free and they will give you white sand to put in them as well.

thanks, ill give that a shot too.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 4:28:50 PM EDT
[#5]
burlap bags are cheap......and you live in a state that has BEACES on  THREE of four sides, and you live close to one of them. Get off yer ass damn it
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 12:08:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I have some you can have if you are willing to drive.

Link Posted: 7/29/2005 8:53:18 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have some you can have if you are willing to drive.

LoL..itll cost me more in gas/time than what they are worth. thanks though.

I went to a couple fire dept. and went to public works, no dice. They dont have any and dont give them out unless its a hurricane on the way. . Ill be honest, I was surprised at the lack of willingness on the Public works ppl. I may have to give a call to the mayor or something.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 9:07:53 AM EDT
[#8]
What are the sandbags for? You could always goto JOANN and pick up some burlap. If your making a ghillie suit I will tell you right now it is really not worth stripping all the sandbags you will need to make a suit.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 10:08:48 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
What are the sandbags for?  

They are actually for my 4x4 Blazer, I want to keep them in the back incase I get stuck and need build up a base to get unstuck. I found some online to order, but was jus seeing if anyone had any post hurricane supplies.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 11:40:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Huh never thought of sandbags in the truck. I do have a Etool and 5000lbs ratchet strap that come in handy. Etool digs your out while the strap makes sure you dont go in any further.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 12:18:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Huh never thought of sandbags in the truck. I do have a Etool and 5000lbs ratchet strap that come in handy. Etool digs your out while the strap makes sure you dont go in any further.

Welp ive been high centered b4. what you do is put sandbags under the wheels ,etc and then dig out the high centered part, so when the vehicle comes to rest, its on the bags, not sinking in more of the mud.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:14:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
What are the sandbags for? You could always goto JOANN and pick up some burlap. If your making a ghillie suit I will tell you right now it is really not worth stripping all the sandbags you will need to make a suit.

For 'The Bunker'!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:55:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Hescos work better. Its a huge sandbag that is made of wire mess and lined with thick felt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top