Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2005 6:02:34 PM EDT
What a day.

Special thanks to Norm for providing the courses of fire and the good humor to set them up and run them in the rain.  Both were challenging, fun, and provided plenty of opportunity to test skills.

In spite of the rain, the temperature was reasonable so we all had a great time.  

There was a minor mishap, but we took care of that and got on with the fun.

Tyrone won the pistol shootoff and we all got out a reasonable time.

I will post pics tomorrow.

-White Horse out
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 7:09:45 PM EDT
[#1]
 All in all it was a pretty successful day. In spite of the weather and shortage of targets and lack of a timer we were able to carry off the COFs essentially as planned. Thanks to everyone who stood in the rain all afternoon and to those who helped cram all the targets and gear back in my car. By the way, Tyrone won the shoot-off with a single action revolver. It was a day of improvise, adapt, adjust and get the job done. The round count was high so the locals will get a brass bonanza this month. The communication and cooperation in the cover fire team event was excellent though in the captured weapon scenario I never thought so many people would find a way to jam an AK (in every case by trying to charge it with the safety on).

Thanks again

Norm
Link Posted: 3/1/2005 6:15:52 PM EDT
[#2]
The pics as promised:

Norm setting up in the rain.  By himself.

A new shooter on the first COF:

The knife portion (a ballon about to meet its doom):

Norm and I doing the team shoot:

And finally:  fun with mud.  Although I can assure that I was not the worst.

-White Horse
Link Posted: 3/1/2005 6:59:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Good job guys. Way to keep things going.

Link Posted: 3/1/2005 9:02:47 PM EDT
[#4]
As always I'm sorry I missed it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 3:47:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks Good Guys.

I see Norm showed up ready to jump in the mud, Hardcore !

Nigel
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 6:04:22 AM EDT
[#6]
My daughter and I can't wait for next month's shoot.  We had a great time at the machine gun shoot in
Hernando, but we were thinking about you guys in the rain.  It looks like you had a pretty good time
yourselves.  See you all in March!
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 3:39:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I hope I will have my new toy for the next shoot. Nice copy of Neils screen name. Lucky Bastard. LOL. Damn U should had a slip in slide for a COF. Life is GOODDD for now. How was the Machine gun shoot? Where is Neil with some pics?LOL Catch U guys and gals later. Keep up the good work Norm.  OH cool Neil your guns are on the Web site I could tell it was yours by seeing the Socks. HEHE
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 6:29:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I hope I will have my new toy for the next shoot. Nice copy of Neils screen name. Lucky Bastard. LOL. Damn U should had a slip in slide for a COF. Life is GOODDD for now. How was the Machine gun shoot? Where is Neil with some pics?LOL Catch U guys and gals later. Keep up the good work Norm.

Thanks!  He designed that screen name for me, and I really like it.  The machine gun shoot was too much fun, even though it rained most of the time.  Neil hit some tannerite that blew the door right off a car - it flew 40 yards or more. Burney was very generous with letting us shoot his fine guns, as usual.  The place was quite crowded, although there weren't as many spectators as last year, according to the regulars.  There were some HUGE guns there.  Cars were burning full flame by the end of the shoot.  Great fun!  Neil has some pix, I'll ask him to post them.
Link Posted: 3/2/2005 6:40:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:33:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Been a while since I've been to the FDCC website - it looks great!  Kudos to whoever put it together.

On a related note, do you still have a competition on the last sunday in December?  We're planning our Disnery trip for this/next year and I'm trying to find a way to make it to one of your competitions.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 3:46:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 5:12:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Last Sunday of the month Forest, please do what you can to make it.

We've put in a request for the last week in December so with any luck I'll be there.

I wasn't sure you would be having a competition during the holiday season (many clubs take the time off).  Thanks for letting me know.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 3:37:00 PM EDT
[#13]
We usual do have a shoot in December. So come on down.
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:45:42 PM EDT
[#14]
  The fourth Sunday in December this year is Christmas Day. Perhaps the possibility of a reschedule could be explored with this much lead time. At any rate, if anyone will shoot I'll be there.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:04:34 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
  The fourth Sunday in December this year is Christmas Day. Perhaps the possibility of a reschedule could be explored with this much lead time. At any rate, if anyone will shoot I'll be there.

Maybe we can just reschedule Christmas for another day LOL
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:10:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:50:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Hahahahahahahahaha!!!

Man I have to look twice at your's avitars before I make sure it is U Neil and not the pretty lady.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top