BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2004 3:57:16 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:56:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Sweet! Thanks!

That train is the dumbest idea EVER!  What a waste of $$$

Do you have a link for any of the other ammendments?  
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:49:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Done.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:05:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I think this one will hit the trash with a high vote %
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:10:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I refuse to vote "yes" on any state constitutional amendments.  I hate the fact that we have amendments to protect the pregnant pigs, and I hate the fact that the smoking ban is a constitutional amendment.  I will not vote "yes" for any amendment, I don't care what the issue is.

ETA:
Whoops, should have read the link.  I see this is to repeal an amendment, in which case I will be voting yes.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 7:12:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I refuse to vote "yes" on any state constitutional amendments.  I hate the fact that we have amendments to protect the pregnant pigs, and I hate the fact that the smoking ban is a constitutional amendment.  I will not vote "yes" for any amendment, I don't care what the issue is.

ETA:
Whoops, should have read the link.  I see this is to repeal an amendment, in which case I will be voting yes.

I tend to agree with you on that, I hate the fact that our state constitution is changed as if it were a fucking notebook.  Thats how these bullshit amendments are passed in the first place because they sound good.  Could you imagine if the US constitution were like this??
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:44:16 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA:

I tend to agree with you on that, I hate the fact that our state constitution is changed as if it were a fucking notebook.  Thats how these bullshit amendments are passed in the first place because they sound good.  Could you imagine if the US constitution were like this??

They might as well have written it in pencil.

BTW, I did vote YES on 6.  

Waited 1.5 hours in the early voting line.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:47:32 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA:

sometimes I wonder why we even have a state legislature??  I mean we just vote on Laws oops I mean amendments.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 8:52:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ETA:

sometimes I wonder why we even have a state legislature??  I mean we just vote on Laws oops I mean amendments.

And the stupid thing that we voted on that silly train last time.  If the people want it that bad, then let some private company pony up the cash.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:56:25 AM EDT
[#9]
The guys who write some of these amendments are good. Be sure to read each one at least twice...sometimes "yes" means "No!" and "no" means "Yes"...and Suzy home maker or Danny Dummy  will usually just vote somehow or other with zero forethought on the issue.
And I agree...axe the freaking train!
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 8:13:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Yes, let's finally kill this thing!

Oddly enough, that pro-bullet signs are popping up around town here. How is there anyone left who actually thinks that this is a good idea, other then the contractors that are getting big, fat .gov contracts?
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 3:10:42 PM EDT
[#11]
what they need to do, is with that 28billion, fix the mass transit problems in the major cities, Mass Trans down here blows donkey you know what. That would be money well spent.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 4:12:10 AM EDT
[#12]
BTT

Just got back from casting my vote, and I must say.. it was pretty uneventful.  

No crowds, No wait, No BS.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 6:23:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, my county is one of those that the train was supposed to run through...with absolutely no benefit to us whatsoever. What a boondoggle. The whole state is supposed to foot the bill so that three or four cities can benefit? And we're supposed to donate our land to them too?

What a sick joke. I hope it dies, hard.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 6:33:47 AM EDT
[#14]
I voted for the Bullet Train...before I voted against it.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:15:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Done!

Down with the train!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 2:08:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Done...the train must GO!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 9:17:16 PM EDT
[#17]
It's GONE!

enight.dos.state.fl.us/20041102_SUM_AMD.html

98.4% reporting
63.7% kill it
36.3% keep wasting our money on stupid crap

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top