Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2004 5:30:52 PM EDT
For years now I have been loading my mags before I go to the range. Mags in a carry bag and guns in cases.Some one told me today this is illegal, you can not carry loaded mags in your vehicle even if they are seperate from the guns.
Any one know what  Fl law is concerning this.
Joe M.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:46:02 PM EDT
[#1]
That is false.

You can have your mags loaded.  The only rules pertain to the firearm which, unless you have a CCW, must be in a zippered or latched case.  There are NO specific rules for keeping the gun loaded, or mags loaded.

Without a CCW, you can keep the mags loaded with or without the gun, so long as the gun is encased.  
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:00:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, nice to know.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:28:32 PM EDT
[#3]
You can carry a loaded rifle anywhere in a vehicle.

790.25(5), Fla. Stat.  POSSESSION IN PRIVATE CONVEYANCE.--Notwithstanding subsection (2), it is lawful and is not a violation of s. 790.01 for a person 18 years of age or older to possess a concealed firearm or other weapon for self-defense or other lawful purpose within the interior of a private conveyance, without a license, if the firearm or other weapon is securely encased or is otherwise not readily accessible for immediate use. Nothing herein contained prohibits the carrying of a legal firearm other than a handgun anywhere in a private conveyance when such firearm is being carried for a lawful use. Nothing herein contained shall be construed to authorize the carrying of a concealed firearm or other weapon on the person. This subsection shall be liberally construed in favor of the lawful use, ownership, and possession of firearms and other weapons, including lawful self-defense as provided in s. 776.012.

You may want to peruse this: Chapter 790, Florida Statutes
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 3:20:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Some one told me today this is illegal, you can not carry loaded mags in your vehicle even if they are seperate from the guns.

Joe M.

Next Time you see this dip shit, make sure you let him know he should keep his trap shut until he gets his head out of his a$$.

A few years ago, I had a Ruger Mini30 with two mags cinched together. So I am at the range minding my own business, when the next thing I know. This dumb F comes up to me and starts telling me I am breaking the law by having my mags cinched together. This was the first for me. He continued to try intimidate me to remove the cinch, that is until I told him to go F himself. A few weeks after that I had another guy start some shit about my AR being FA. Which it is not by the way. I just have a fast trigger finger. That one took the cake for me. I have not been back there since.

Now I will give you just one guess where this was...

Hint... It was in Gainesville, Fl
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:02:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Could it be......um
GTRI?

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:41:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Could it be......um

.GTRI?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top