Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/14/2004 12:14:17 AM EDT
Greetings,

I moved here to Gainesville about a year ago (used to live in GA).  I've yet to make the time to shoot my AR anywhere, but the more I visit these forums, the more I want to shoot.

I notice that there are some others that also reside here in Alachua county.  I was wondering if someone could inform me what my options are in regards to finding a decent place to shoot.  

I realize that FDCC/Oceala and Ocala public ranges are somewhat nearby.  What are the conditions of these ranges, how far of a drive are they from Gainesville, and are there any that are closer?

I've been trying my hardest to get my fiance to come along to do some shooting, but she's extremely anal and hates "getting dirty".  She is also quite bashful of gunfire, and insists that if I have to drag her to a range, it better be an outdoor range.  She's also tasked me with finding an outdoor range that has running water so she can wash her hands...otherwise she'll probably just end up sitting in the car reading a book, hiding from the gunfire. ...Women!

So, help me out fellas..Where can I shoot my AR nearby that also has running water...or am I SOL?

-Jim
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:33:12 AM EDT
[#1]
IM sent.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 12:48:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Try Gainesville Target Range.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:45:58 PM EDT
[#3]
www.gainesvilletargetrange.com

Hey, shoot me an e-mail and I will take you to the Gainesville Target Range as a guest (they are a members only club) sometime soon!

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:08:11 PM EDT
[#4]
The range in the national forest in lake city has running water and real bathrooms.  I can't vouch for the cleanliness, but the facilities are there.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 10:16:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies everyone.  Norman74, thanks for letting us know that.  I plan on taking her up this weekend.  Now she has no excuse!!

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 6:54:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Bradford Sporting Clays, a little more than halfway down the page, is the coolest range I have ever seen. Ranges out to 600 yds, you can shoot junk, good people, plenty of ammo on site.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:18:52 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Bradford Sporting Clays, a little more than halfway down the page, is the coolest range I have ever seen. Ranges out to 600 yds, you can shoot junk, good people, plenty of ammo on site.

I really like that range too.  I never had to make use of the restroom facilities but I imagine that they do have them.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 9:41:47 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I really like that range too.  I never had to make use of the restroom facilities but I imagine that they do have them.

They're fine. Like a half-bath in a reasonably well-kept house trailer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top