Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2004 7:33:31 AM EDT
Who do you do transfers through here in Miami?  

These $40 transfer fees are ridiculous!  I had a place today wanting to charge me $90 for a transfer!  That's the cost of a 3-year FFL RENEWAL!
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 11:25:52 AM EDT
[#1]
I went to Eagle Arms in Miami (just south of the Falls), $30 total including background check.  Not too bad. On the minus side, their FFL was sent out in mid September (And again last week) and it hasn't made it's way to Arizona yet.  (But I'm not frustrated ).

Anyway post if you find a good/better place.

*edit for proper $
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:07:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, to answer my own question, I'm going to use Pantera Guns.  They are on 73rd Ave and NW 36th Street.  I've never used them before, but them seem pretty cordial so far.

My FFL Transfer History:

Bird Road Gun Shop (Out of Business) - $25; Very quick and efficient (It's a shame they're gone)

Florida Gunworks (www.floridagunworks.com) - $25; Cheap, but by appointment only.  They were a no-show to the first appointment and late to the second.  This created a bit of a hassle.  It's almost worth paying the extra 10 bucks.

Eagle Arms - I have never transfered through them, but I have been in there on several occasions and they are very good people.

I have also transfered through a place called Gator Gun and Pawn when I was up in West Palm Beach.  They charge $30 total and had excellent service.  I recommend them heavily to anyone up there.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 12:55:56 PM EDT
[#3]
go to national guns, i did my transfer for 25. On 22 and i think flagler
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 1:16:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I thought I would try Eagle arms and its been two weeks and their FFL hasn't shown up at the sellers shop yet. They also told me $40 for the transfer.

Yeah, bird road pawn was cheap and close.

I will try National Gun.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 1:18:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
go to national guns, i did my transfer for 25. On 22 and i think flagler

Have any contact info?  Thanks 223
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:19:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I know for a fact they are in the yeller pages, it's 222 sw 2nd street or somethign to that bell.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 2:26:01 PM EDT
[#7]
There are plenty of FFL's in Miami. Don't limit yourself to gun and pawn shops. Some of the best FFL's I have met work from their home.

Hi Steyr AUG

www.gunbroker.com/user/dealernetwork.asp

HS1

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:45:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Try 305-642-2355 for National gun.

I have used these guys before.

Fred or Walter
South Dade Jewelry and Gun
20848 South Dixie Highway
Miami
FL, FL 33189
Hours: 9:00am-6:00pm Mon-Fri, 9:00am-4:00pm Sat.
Transfer fee: $35.00/ gun. flat rate
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:54:18 AM EDT
[#9]
I tried to use National once for a transfer and they said "why would we do a transfer for you if we sell the same gun here?" Obviously they didn't handle the transfer.  The reason I didn't buy the gun from them instead of an out of state dealer was a $200 difference, plus about $70 sales tax.  I used Aries Gun Shop in Broward where a friend of mine worked, but it's just too far.

I am using the folks at the Gun Depot on Miami Beach for my AR purchase.  I'll let you know how that turns out.  $25 transfer, $5 NICS.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:15:45 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I tried to use National once for a transfer and they said "why would we do a transfer for you if we sell the same gun here?" Obviously they didn't handle the transfer.

TR,

The attitudes of some of these places are ridiculous.  We (the gunowners) need to stick together.  In some cases, it seems like these shops lose track of the big picture.  Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox now.  By the way, don't ever use Somarriba Inc.  They refuse to transfer assault weapons.

In a few years, when I separate from the military, I'll be opening up a shop down here.  Free transfers for all the ARFCOMers!  You can hold me too it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:51:12 AM EDT
[#11]
When i went, I did a transfer of an ar-15 lower, They guy was really nice, and to the point. He also told me that if they carry the gun in house, then theres no reason for them to do the transfer. I mean my transfer went through flawlessly, give them a call, whats the worst than can happen , they say no? I'm going to talk to vedubin, and see how we can get an ffl to ease the problems down here in miami.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:18:38 AM EDT
[#12]
If one of use owns an official and licensed business, we are able to get an FFL (Other minute details, but nothing big).  This can even be a home business.  I would get one, but I dissolved my old computer networking business a few years ago.  This could be a good investment for someone down here.  Heck, charging $20 flat for the each transfer, you'll pay for the FFL within a year just from ARFCOM transfers.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:48:57 AM EDT
[#13]

I thought I would try Eagle arms and its been two weeks and their FFL hasn't shown up at the sellers shop yet.

Wow, guess I'm not the only one.  A little in their defense though, my GF send paperwork via USPS to Nevada last Tuesday and it hasn't shown up yet this week.  Me thinks USPS is a little slow atm (hurricanes, holidays).  I just want my d--- rifle.  

Falkaveli and others, anyone have a link for FFl info and fees?
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:59:05 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Falkaveli and others, anyone have a link for FFl info and fees?

Here ya go:

federalfirearmslicense.com/
www.atf.gov/firearms/nlc/ffl_info.htm

The first link is a company that sells a kit that should make it easier.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 2:48:59 PM EDT
[#15]
My undrstanding is you couldn't get an FFL running it out of your home. I would get an FFL in a minute if I could do that. I even have the application, business lic for working out of the home as a sales broker in Dade county, corp, and tax number. If I am wrong someone please steer me right.

If I could get easy transfers I would buy more. Right now I am thinking of telling my dealer to sell the thing to someone else.

The hurricane thing for South Florida is a wash. I get my mail, my 22upper came yesterday and my bills are being paid. We only got some wind here. The roads aren't closed and the airport is open.

TA

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:43:42 PM EDT
[#16]
AR9mm,

You can most definitely get an FFL at a home business.  Here is what may confuse some:

1) You must have a seperate, locked storage container for firearms you are selling, as opposed to personal firearms.  These firearms must be in different rooms.  This container can be a safe, a gun cabinet, etc.

2) You must have hours of business, where your business is actually open to the public.  This is simple.  You can do one of two things.  One, you can be open for 10 minutes a day.  Obviously, noone is going to show up at your house if you don't have signs posted and whatnot (which would violate zoning anyway).

If you meet these two things, which are easy, you can get an FFL.  Read up on it and you'll be surprised at how easy and possible it is to get one.  It takes a few months for the BATF to process it, but other than that, you're good to go.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:05:32 PM EDT
[#17]
falkaveli,

Thanks for yuour reply. I will give it a try.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:28:51 PM EDT
[#18]
I went to South Dade Jewelry and Gun to have them send an FFL for a transfer. They put the FFL in an envelop right away and in the outgoing mail. I have used them before and now again. They reported they will transfer for anyone without any hassel including C3.  I don't work for them or anything like that just reporting what I found.

Fred or Walter
South Dade Jewelry and Gun
20848 South Dixie Highway
Miami FL, FL 33189

Hours: 9:00am-6:00pm Mon-Fri, 9:00am-4:00pm Sat.

Transfer fee: $35.00/ gun. flat rate includes bacground check and more than one weapon for the same price.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top