Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2004 5:37:06 PM EDT
I'm considering getting a SBR and can in the near future and would like to know what the climate is for getting CLEO signatures and/or state level problems with Class 3's at the moment.  I've read on several sites listing Class 3 status of states and that FL is good to go for all types.

So..

Specifically, how hard is it to get a CLEO sign off for a SBR and/or can in Jacksonville/Duval County?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:51:41 PM EDT
[#1]
I hate to say this... but if you know the right people you can get John Rutherford to sign.. so I've been told.

I'm still saving my pennies for a Gemtech

Another option you have it to form an LLC and transfer the SBR or can to the corp. Also less waiting time going this route.

Good luck.

Mike
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Ohh pleasant...

Well at least CCW's are easy to obtain in FL.  I'm from Southern California originally.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:05:18 PM EDT
[#3]
the cool thing about the corporate approach so I've been told, other than the fact that it's quicker, but with Class3 stuff, only the person who bought/signed for it can posses it and be the only person to access it. With a corp, you can have "officers" of the corporation that are allowed to posses and access that item/s. I just fouind that out the other day, so I had to tell someone
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:21:02 AM EDT
[#4]
I believe that Rutherford generally approves anything but suppressors. "No suppressors" is just a rumor, though. It doesn't hurt to know somebody, but I don't think you have to. If he won't sign, there are judges who will.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:27:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Wowa, cool, thanks for the info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top