Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2004 5:41:31 AM EDT
Can anyone recommend a good FFL in the Tampa-New Tampa area? Class 3 is a plus.

The one I normally use mainly caters to LE business and doesn’t seem very interested in my business. Even though I have bought about a dozen guns from them in the last 2 years; they still pull stuff like trying to stick me with the old Glock Tupperware containers, 10 round mags on LE guns I ordered after ban expiration, etc.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:31:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Florida Ammo Traders.  Phil is a standup guy.  Never rips you on transfers and is just a nice guy.

www.floridaammotraders.com/
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:58:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I like University Gun & Pawn.  Good selection of weapons and class 3 to boot!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:57:50 PM EDT
[#3]
If you are willing to drive a little, say to Sumter County (Bushnell), I can tell ya about a great little shop that only charged me $30 to transfer 5 MEGA lowers.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:45:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Charlie at University gun is first class.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:45:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Or If you are willing to drive a little go to Heavy Metal Armory in  Bradenton, Florida they are class3
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:06:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Third vote for Charlie at University Gun & Pawn.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:15:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Florida Ammo Traders.  Phil is a standup guy.  Never rips you on transfers and is just a nice guy.

www.floridaammotraders.com/

ditto on phil ive bought at least 10 rifles from him in the last year and god knows how much ammo and parts,,great guy,,and the 1st one i run to at a show!!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:40:45 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Or If you are willing to drive a little go to Heavy Metal Armory in  Bradenton, Florida they are class3

And Asshats!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:05:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And Asshats!

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:43:23 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Third vote for Charlie at University Gun & Pawn.

make it 4 now

J
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 2:08:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Ill give them that the people at University Gun and Pawn are nice, but their selection has never impressed me.  And i have only met one guy who knew what the hell he was talking about, which is most likely the guy they are talking about.
For most of my firearm purchases i go to Cracker Boys(727.520.7799) in St Pete.  They deal in new AND used and give a really good price on anything i have ever bought there.
If you want to window shop for new guns i would suggest the overpriced leaders like Bill Jacksons(on US19 in Pinellas Park) and Knights Shooting Sports(also on US19 - i would never buy a new weapon from them out of the case though, they like to let people shoot them and then sell them new)
There is also another place in North Tampa called Discount Guns(on Busch) - actually has a good selection of new guns but my guy at Cracker Boys gets me better prices.
Hope you found what you were looking for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top