Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2004 2:47:43 PM EDT
I am going camping with the wife over the weekend at Salt Springs National Park.  I am planning on putting the AR-15 and pistols in the truck if there is a range or place to shoot around there.  

Can you all help with me with finding a place to shoot around there???  Thanks!!

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:30:23 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a free public range in the Ocala National Forrest.
There is a 100 yard rifle/pistol range and a skeet/trap range.

From Salt Springs turn onto SR314 go down about 2 miles to CR88 (there will be a sign on the left hand side of the road that says Rifle Range) Turn left. Go down about 10 miles, the range will be on the left side of the road. If you hit Highway 40 you went to far, turn around and go back about 1/2 mile.

Mike
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:33:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Take your kevlar.  I'm a Deputy in Marion.  I've had way too many guns pointed at me while going down range(cold) to check a target.  The best time to go there is during the week earily in the morning.  Usually a bunch of old guys there and they're pretty good but get there later in the pm and the dumb asses show up to scare the hell outa ya.  Another thing if the park is a state park or National park guns are a big no-no.  I'm working this weekend and hate to hear you get hooked up this weekend.

Dan
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:04:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice range I use to shoot there all the time back in the day with my buddies.  Watch out for the screwballs.  Last time i was there some guys found a "suicide" in the woods, Some guy took a bullet to the head while sitting in his truck.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 5:44:28 AM EDT
[#4]
also check the rules... the ocala range as a no 50cal,, no rapid fire rule...bench (sporting rifles )only deal.. thats at least what the online rules state but icouldbe worng as always....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top