Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2004 11:19:46 AM EDT
I've got the ok to use a very nice state range in North Marion county. However one of the requirements is that state wants the membership list before the first match.

Normally a club gets started by asking for members and a membership fee.

I'm not going to do that. The plan is to hold IPSC/IDPA matches on the 4th Sunday and threegun on the 4th Saturday of each month.

What I need is about 30 people or more who would like to shoot these matchs either one or both.  

The info I need is your name, birthdate, address and drivers license number.  I don't want any money!

Only shooters who preregister will be able to shoot the first few matches.

Now who am I. I'm FFL dealer, NRO, CCW, work for State, and ran a club at this range about 10 years ago. So I'm not going to be selling your info on Internet. I've got two much to lose.

When the first match happens you will have to have your driver license with you and show it at check-in time. The state is very concerned about not having prohibited person using the range, read criminals and terrorists.

The plan is match fee's will be $15.00 payable at the match. We will have some nice stuff like a Hogan wall and a mover. Mostly Field courses with pretty high round counts like 25/30 per stage maybe multiple runs.  Total round count for pistol match will be around 180/200.

The three gun will be around 250/300 rounds with transitions from rifle to handgun or shotgun. Out to 100 yards.

Nothing is fixed except the safety rules. So bring steel, stars, turners, poppers if you got some, show up early and we will incorporate it into the stages. If the majority want IDPA or IPSC style it makes no difference to me. The object is fun and practice.

Next questions is how to get your info to me confidentially. I can take fax, email or mail to my PO Box.

So please even if your not sure you will attend send me your info it will cost you nothing, plus it will help get another range and more places to shoot.

Scores will be posted on Monday after the shoot via my Web site and email.  No prizes or trophys until we get rolling.  Registration will be 9am start shooting at 10am.

All comments appreciated, even negative ones.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 3:41:13 PM EDT
[#1]
E-mail sent
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:27:57 AM EDT
[#2]
You have been on the board for a while but the personal info reqest may not be recieved well. I can never remember being asked for ID to shoot a match but it's obvious someone wants to run a NCIC/FCIC check based on the type of info your are requesting. I don't thiink anyone would have a problem showing ID at the match but sending it away in advance seems weird, lots of ID theft going on. If everybody personally knew ya then I don't think it will be much of an issue. Also if you are requesting ID to do a background check you should tell folks that's what you are doing and what agency is running them.

The post is also a little vauge and mysterious "north Marion County" "state owned" send info to my "PO box" where in Marion County what agency owns the range why does it seem secret? If there is a good reason to keep the info down low explain it and maybe be it would come off better.

FDCC shoots are the last Sunday of every month which will conflict and take away some shooters.

Are you talking about the the women's prison range off 25A?

Not negative but with out knowing excatly what's going on I'm not sending anybody my DL# and personal info. But I'm still interested.
 John Doe  W/M 06/15/1978 FLDL# D123-456-78-9101,anytown USA 12345
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 8:19:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I discussed this issue yesterday with "Roy", I have his real name, if you contact him I'm sure he will tell you who he is.  I am satisfied with the details he provided me and I recommend that you e-mail him with your phone number if you are interested in getting this started.

I wish I could make the FDCC shoots but right now my schedule makes it tough.  This way, I can have an alternate place to shoot and a chance to meet like-minded folks.

Just send him your number and hear him out.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:04:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Not negative but with out knowing excatly what's going on I'm not sending anybody my DL# and personal info. But I'm still interested.
 John Doe  W/M 06/15/1978 FLDL# D123-456-78-9101,anytown USA 12345

+1
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:22:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Little update.

The range is the Dept of Corrections. The state has come up with a list of requirements for using a DC range. We are trying to jump through all the hoops. If all goes well and we finally get the OK to shoot I will publish a FAQ so other areas can also do the same thing. If we get shot down I will do the same thing to try and get more support.

This has been a long time in coming. the DC removed public use about 10 years ago.

I've called and email everyone who has sent me an email with interest in shooting. We are doing OK on the membership list.

I know this is more info than we'd like, but I don't think it is unreasonable. Nobody will be keeping track of anything other than the one time NIC check to get you on the list and showing your FLDL first time you showup shoot.

The state want to be sure no prohibited person are using the range. you know cya!

[email protected]

the reason I used a alias is junk mail. Every time I post a new name the junk mail starts to flow in.  Yes I'd like to have bigger D@#$ and have a 25 year russian girlfriend but I don't I'll get them by giving away my credit card nos.

So email me and I'll call you and tell you our status.

//Roy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top