Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/13/2004 4:46:05 PM EDT
Anybody know of firearms friendly primitive canoeing/kayaking/camping in Florida?
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 2:13:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Different counties have different areas/no discharge. Also, with no backstop, no safe shot. Everglades, for example: you can carry, and shoot legal hunting, but sport shooting, no backstop, be damn careful.
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 6:50:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I believe in Florida it's legal to have in your possesion a firearm while camping or fishing weather you have a permit or not. However, this does'nt mean yon can discharge it for just target practice.
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 11:10:30 AM EDT
[#3]
There are laws against carrying a firearm into a state park.  Read it and be careful.
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 8:38:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry about the delayed reply.  Thanks for all the replies.  I've just never packed anything more than a pistol for kayaking/camping and was curious if anyone out there had tried packing their AR for camping or boating.

Tyrone
Link Posted: 8/16/2004 1:11:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmmm. All the laws I've read just say firearm, does'nt really state what type. I don't usually carry my AR but I have carried a M1 carbine in the boat with me. Of coarse you'll have alot of questions to answer if the "man" sees you with you're AR, I'm sure.
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 10:25:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Hmmm. All the laws I've read just say firearm, does'nt really state what type. I don't usually carry my AR but I have carried a M1 carbine in the boat with me. Of coarse you'll have alot of questions to answer if the "man" sees you with you're AR, I'm sure.

your kidding right
Link Posted: 8/20/2004 12:40:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

your kidding right

bout what?
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 3:52:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Any wildlife management area in the state has rules that make it illegal to possess a firearm on the area unless it's hunting season.
Florida WMA Hunting Regs

Also it's illegal to possess firearms in State Parks at any time.
Florida State Parks Rules

$bob$

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:53:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Its legal to carry a firearm when your hunting, fishing ,camping, or hicking in a lawful area with or without a permit. This pretty much sums it up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top