Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2003 4:31:24 PM EDT
Hey all:

I will be bringing my daughter to FDCC this Sunday.  She is 8, gets straight A's in the 2nd grade gifted class, has her own .22, and knows the 9 rules of gun safety that I required her to know before she could own her own firearm.  She will be bringing her Rossi and I will be shooting with her at the other range.  If I have to give up my place with the FDCC shooters so that I am not shooting on 2 ranges, that will be ok.

My request is this:  She would like to shoot another type of .22.  She likes hers, but like any 8 year old, likes to try new stuff too.  We thank you in advance.

-White Horse

p.s.  She can hardly wait, since she will be able to wear her Kalashnikitty t-shirt.  Which reminds me, she would also like to pose for a pic with a real AK.  Any takers?
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 4:48:14 PM EDT
[#1]
How would you feel about a Ruger .22 LR Mark II Taget?

John
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 5:18:23 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

John

Thanks, I will ask her.  I am not sure how she feels about pistols.

-White Horse
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 6:44:39 PM EDT
[#3]
 If you like, I can bring a couple of Marlin .22s; one bolt and one semi. Team Other will have at least one AK,probably the VEPR.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 5:11:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I grew up on my Remington Mohawk, semi-auto, mag feed. I'll bring it, hell I like to shoot it
!

As a RO at the Oceola range, I know of a little known rule that when you bring your 8 yr old daughter to the range to carry on the fine tradition of the Second Admendment that you don't have to give up your place on the FDCC range.

Dirk
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 6:05:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a Ruger 10-22 with scope that has not been fired in at least 7-8 years...it needs some exercise...I even have some evil pre-ban high-cap mags for it! (Hope it still works...Ha!) An AK, too.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 6:58:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll bring my uber camoed Ruger 1022 (the one that Wendy learned on).  Can bring the AK too.  Will be nice to meet her.

Stephen
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 1:40:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

John

John:

She gives the thumbs up on the pistol.

Thanks,
White Horse
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 1:41:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'll bring my uber camoed Ruger 1022 (the one that Wendy learned on).  Can bring the AK too.  Will be nice to meet her.

Stephen

Thanks!  See you there.

-White Horse
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 1:42:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
 If you like, I can bring a couple of Marlin .22s; one bolt and one semi. Team Other will have at least one AK,probably the VEPR.

Bring 'em!  

Thanks,
White Horse
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 1:50:16 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I grew up on my Remington Mohawk, semi-auto, mag feed. I'll bring it, hell I like to shoot it
!

As a RO at the Oceola range, I know of a little known rule that when you bring your 8 yr old daughter to the range to carry on the fine tradition of the Second Admendment that you don't have to give up your place on the FDCC range.

Dirk

Dirk:

Thanks so much.  It's the kindness and neverending generousity of the FDCC members that keeps me making the trek every month.

-White Horse
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 7:03:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll pull it out of the safe, and wipe off the dust. I have a hogue grip on it right now, but I'll bring the stock 1911 style grip too just in case the hogue grip is too big. See ya Sunday, and happy holidays.

John
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 7:49:36 AM EDT
[#12]
I'll be glad to bring my SLR-95, its not a "real" AK but it is one of the nicer AK clones you can get...

In addition, I'll be glad to bring my .22 Ciener conversion kits so she can shoot one of the ARs if that interests you.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 5:53:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I'll be glad to bring my SLR-95, its not a "real" AK but it is one of the nicer AK clones you can get...

In addition, I'll be glad to bring my .22 Ciener conversion kits so she can shoot one of the ARs if that interests you.

Heya:

She said that shooting .22 through a .223 would be cool and yes, she understands the difference, so that's a go.

Thanks,
White Horse

p.s.  I think we have enough .22's and variants for her to shoot now.  Thanks all.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top