Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2003 6:56:35 AM EDT
Guys,
Just wanted to let you Florida boys know that I will be putting on an AK Rifle class at South River Gun Club in Conyers, Georgia (Just east of Atlanta) on Feb. 8th 2004. This class will concentrate on the AK series rifles (AK's, Valmet, Galil, etc..) only. I realize this might be a bit too long of a drive for you guys, but I thought I'd let you know. It will be a 1 day school and will cost $100 plus a $25 range fee. I anticipate shooting around 800 rounds. Class topics will include,
Terminology
Sights/ Zeroing
Ammumition selection
Basic Rifle fundamentals
Position shooting
Slings
Engagement modes
Reloads
Malfunctions (yes, they do occur)
Barricades
Shooting on the move
Pistol transitions

There will also be some discussion of tactics and AK rifle enhancement tips. If things work out well, I'll schedule a 2 day advanced class that will contain a lot more Tactics, 2 person team skills, Low-light operations, Problem solving, and Speed engagements, to name a few things. If you are interested email me with any questions, or for a registration form.

Thanks,
VSP
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 9:13:34 AM EDT
[#1]
AK??!  

Let us know if you do an all models carbine class in the future.

Dirk
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 7:01:35 AM EDT
[#2]
As I consider the AK a close second to my AR's, that would be a cool class to go to!!  I'm going to look into going, but not sure I can swing the cash right now.  

Any of you other guys in FL or in FDCC want to go, let me know, maybe we can carpool.

Stephen
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 7:55:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey... WOW!!! Thats a Sunday. I have off on Sundays! I think I have even taken a Suarez class at that range before. I'm interested. Lets see if we cant get up there! Anyone else... FDCC Caravan?
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 9:35:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Guys,
   Sorry for the slow response, the holidays you know.  

Dirk- I usually do about two carbine schools and one IPSC 3-gun school per year.  I had some guys in the Atlanta area express some interest in an AK class, so I put one together.  I will let you guys know when the next regular rifle class is scheduled.

New-ARguy- If you guys have enough interest and a range available, we can probably make some arrangements for me to come to you.  I can do either a standard rifle class or we can stick with the AK only class.  I can also do the one or two day format, depending on your groups interest.  One of these days, I'm gonna try to get down to one of your FDCC matches.  Maybe the next major match. Do you have an idea when the next one will be? Email me and we can talk about it.

VSP
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 11:04:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I would be intrested in a Carbine course and the 3 gun course.  Keep us informed when your classes are scheduled.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 2:36:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Dirk- I usually do about two carbine schools and one IPSC 3-gun school per year.  I had some guys in the Atlanta area express some interest in an AK class, so I put one together.  I will let you guys know when the next regular rifle class is scheduled.

Excellent...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top