Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2003 8:31:26 PM EDT
Would anybody be interested in trying to arrange a prayer meeting (maybe including communion from reserve sacrament) during the regular FDCC shoot? I think what we do is important enough to miss church once a month, (at least once in a while) but it'd be nice to make it a matter of moving corporate worship - rather than missing it - for those of us whose home churches meet only during match time.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 7:02:23 AM EDT
[#1]
We should have a prayer anyway before the shoots, just like at a football game.

Dirk
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 8:10:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Call me a heathan if you will, but I'd be against it. Maybe not everyone who comes to the shoots are religious, and maybe if they are, they arent of the religion that prays, or prays in the same way.

Im all about trying to make it easy and comfortable for all kinds of people to come and participate and FDCC and I just have the feeling this would make some people feel weird. Heck, I think I would feel a little weird.

As always, Im open for discussion, but Im not fond of the idea.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 4:37:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Heathen.
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 7:25:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I have to agree with Neil for the same reasons.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 10:23:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Heathen.

Heathens....

Dirk
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 5:09:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I vote we start every match by saying what I believe is an old Irish saying...

Praise the lord and pass the ammunition!

Would that suffice?
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:20:33 PM EDT
[#7]
The way I've been shooting lately, I need to be blessed. I'll pass on the communion though.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:43:53 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I vote we start every match by saying what I believe is an old Irish saying...

Praise the lord and pass the ammunition!

Would that suffice?

That will work! The Lord is pro-gun.

Dirk
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 3:36:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Hell's Fire,
Can't we at least say the pledge of allegiance to the United States of America? Or will someone run home and tell their mommy. "Mommy Mommy, they made me say one nation under God!"

Please,
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 5:53:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hell's Fire,
Can't we at least say the pledge of allegiance to the United States of America? Or will someone run home and tell their mommy. "Mommy Mommy, they made me say one nation under God!"

Please,

Point well taken....

Dirk
Link Posted: 12/18/2003 5:40:21 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Hell's Fire,

Please,

I have to agree with Neil on the prayer part. The pledge would be fine, but we might have to find someone who can sing worth a damm.

Link Posted: 12/18/2003 8:39:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Hell, I am just as much a heathen as the next guy. But I don't see any harm in pissing off some people with a prayer. Everbody worries about offending the heathens. I say let God sort them out.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 9:22:07 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm still new to the FDCC, but I'll chime in.

I lead a secular life, but am sympathetic to those of you that have Sunday obligations. It wouldn't offend me a bit if you held a mass right from the tailgate of your truck before the shoot.

However comma, it seems to me like a great opportunity for the birth of cliques within the club.  I *really* dig coming out to the FDCC shoots.  I've only been to 3 of them, but my monthly schedule has pretty much become:  shoot 1 day, spend 29 days waiting for another shoot.

I truly respect those of you that want to bring your personal practices with you.  As long as those of us that are standing outside the circle aren't looked down upon for not doing so.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 10:30:49 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
As long as those of us that are standing outside the circle aren't looked down upon for not doing so.

And here I was worried about just the opposite.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top