Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2003 10:57:32 PM EDT
OK, just moved to Ft. Walton Beach.

Anybody in this area - anyone know anything about the rod and gun club at Eglin AFB?  

How about the Sporting Clays Club in Crestview?
Link Posted: 12/6/2003 11:07:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Can't tell you anything about Ft Walton, except I was born there. We lived on Forest Drive in Shalimar (waterfront). Left after the Cuban missle crisis.

BTW - welcome back stateside!
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 9:51:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to Ft. Walton Beach.  There are a few ARFCOM members around here.  I'm sure they'll be along shortly.  

Check out Florida Shooters Network Most of the members there are members here too.

I can't tell you anything about Eglin's rod and gun club, but Hurlburt has a range and a rifle/pistol club.
Hurlburt Field Rifle and Pistol Club

Shoal River Sporting Clays in Crestview is OK.  They're only open a couple days a week.  Rapid fire is verboten.  It's mostly a hangout for $5000 shotgun snobs.(that's the impression I got during my one and only visit I'm sure most of the members are great, but the two I talked with were assholes)

Escambia River Muzzle Loaders is over in Pensacola.  Some of the FSN guys go over there.  All their reports have been positive.
Escambia River Muzzle Loaders

Guns4U is where I usually shoot.  Unfortunately he's closed until February.  It's not the biggest or nicest range but it's very evil black rifle friendly.
Guns4U
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 12:46:59 AM EDT
[#3]
The Hurlburt club is making me glad I chose where I did to move - it would suck to have to drive all the way to Crestview to shoot.

Do you know what kinds of ranges they have?

As for Guns4U - heck, I'm out of the loop until probably March anyway, they'll be back in business before me.

Thanks for the leads - I will have to do some leg work next time I get down there.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:21:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey, I live in Crestview.  Welcome to the area.  I don't know anything about the gun club at Eglin.  I've shot a few times at Shoal River in here in Crestview.  I got the same feeling about it as Max Power did.  I was uncomfortable shooting there but don't really have a choice right now.  Guns 4 U will be open again in Feb and I'll go there then.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 3:13:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm in Pensacola and work in Gulf Breeze near the Navarre city limits.

Link Posted: 12/31/2003 8:49:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been living in the FWB area for 5 years and recently bought a house in Navarre. The best range in the area is the Hurlburt range. Guns4u is nice with excellent prices. Also check out Jay's Guns in Crestview, he's a C3 dealer with a selection of FA guns and suppressors.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top