Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2003 12:23:17 AM EDT
Left Cape Coral and got as far as Ponta Gorda and a 19 year old kid slammed into the back of me! Fu**ed up the back of my Montero pretty good. The copes wonted to know if I was going to a WAR! What A** holes. Well Maybe next time! If I ever get my truck back.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 4:17:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry man! Make it to the next one if you can. September 28th, 9:30am at the same range.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 5:08:29 AM EDT
[#2]
That stinks. Hope everything gets fixed for you.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 11:29:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Bummer....

Make it up to the next shoot and we'll put you at the front of the line.

Dirk
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 1:20:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I work at the Hospital at night as a plant operator. Most of my time covers the weekend so I had to take time off to meet you guys. Now I've lost this time too. Got my truck back today and had to go to the sheriffs office to get all my guns. Took about 2 1/2 hours to go throught all the paper work for them. They even took my pitchure with them all in front of me. What a bunch of shi*! At least I got them back. O well maybe I'll get to meet you all next year.   Gator
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 5:14:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Sorry about your misfortune, but explain to me why:
A. They confiscated your weapons?
B. It took so long to return your weapons to    you?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 5:52:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Lucky you got them back as soon as you did. Did they send them to FDLE for ballistic fingerprinting?

Dirk
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:19:55 PM EDT
[#7]
They took them into protective custody becouse my truck was going to be towed. They ransacked my truck looking through every thing. I asked why and the reply was they had to do an eventory of every thing in my truck becouse it was going to be stored in a compound.
 I didnt get my truck back till today so I could go and get my guns. You know you have to have proof of ownership before you can pick them up! Better keep your store receipts to proove they are your's !! What I couldnt figure out is why they needed a pitchure of me and the guns.  Hell a fellon could have gotten the back faster than me!
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 3:02:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like you have a legitimate complaint.  I am LEO and have NEVER heard of such a thing.

I have NEVER heard of a vehicle being "IMPOUNDED" due to a traffic accident when the vehicle was not evidence of a crime.  "Impounded" is not the same as "secured", due to accident damage.

Anytime a tow is initiated due to a non-criminal traffic accident, the towing company is responsible for inventory, not the LE agency.  When you agree to have your vehicle towed, you enter into a civil deal with the tow company thus they are solely responsible.

Are you sure you did'nt OK the "safe keeping" of your weapons being as you were "on the road" with no good way to secure them?  Otherwise, there is no LEGAL justification for any LE agency to take your weapons against your wishes.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 7:50:15 AM EDT
[#9]
You should have been given copy of the Property Receipt you signed when they took the guns and/or whatever else was seized...or taken in for safe keeping, etc. That copy should be all the proof of ownership you need to get them back...unless they are class 3 where you might need the licensing paperwork if it was not with the gun.

Bowhntr6pt is spot-on with his post.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 7:51:19 AM EDT
[#10]
All I did was to ask the sheriff to take care of my guns for me nuthing else. I told them to leave my truck on the side of the road and lock it up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top