Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/15/2003 7:01:12 AM EDT
I have discovered that there are a few guys in my Department that like to shoot and all are up for forming an informal shooting team to represent our Department.

I would like to know where IDPA shoots, 3-Guns shoots, and any other similar type events are held on a regular basis.  Pistol, rifle, shotguns etc.

I am aware of the FDCC shoots and plan to get the guys to one soon, thats the kind of stuff I am looking for.

We are located in North Central Florida so anything from say the Lake City/Jacksonville area, South to Orland/Tampa/St.Pete area would be fine.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 12:03:16 PM EDT
[#1]
The FWCDCP shoots at a range in Ruskin on the second Sunday of each month.  Haven't been in a long time, but they were always fun when I went:
www.fwcdpc.com/clubinfo.htm
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 11:31:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Come on up, we routinely have LEO's attending our matches. You're more than welcome....

Dirk
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 7:38:50 PM EDT
[#3]
In the JAX area, one of the better clubs seems to be Gateway Rifle & Pistol.

There are several disciplines that shoot there (IDPA, USPSA, Cowboy, black powder, benchrest etc.)

I know IDPA is typically 1st Sat of every month.

I ran into a guy there yesterday who said they are also going to do a more informal "shoot what you bring" type of match on the 1st Sunday of every month, starting in Oct.

their website is www.grpc-jax.org
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 3:15:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the input guys, our Dept. is changing our shifts sometime early October and then some of us will be able to get away to have some fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top