Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/4/2003 11:33:38 PM EDT
This was the only shooting I did that day!

Paul from my team doing a lot better than I di for us!!!

Mr Andrew from my team doing about as well for us as I did! Hahaha!

It was a maze in that shoot house!

There's M4Real running what turned out to be the 2nd place run!

There man CS223 with the Glock in the house!

Thats a lot of darn targets!

Mike shoots Carbine, his dad Dan shoots pistol. This is one of a few family teams to have competed!

Here's Bryan, FDCC's youngest shooter. He is on another family team. His dad Dirk_Pitt is shooting sniper and Grampa Mack is shooting pistol!

There goes Mack!

Mag change!

There goes Wendy!

Brass is flyin! Go Wendy go!

Wendy's done, Stephan enters the house!

Here goes the OnPoint team!!!

Looks like Nate!

Link Posted: 9/4/2003 11:34:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Burney with the P7!

NORM!

Is that a KelTec Sun 2000 I see?!

More flying brass!

Hey, where did this construction crew come from?

MACE!!!!!! Thanks a million for helping me with the raffle winners

Inside the shoot house... oops, I mean the club house!

Hawkeye (L) and CS223 (R). Two of the about 6 or 7 that keep this club moving along. It wouldnt be where it is without them.

OttO whens the next party man!!!

Jay from KAC

To be continued...
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 3:01:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Whoa... there were a bunch of people there, thanks everyone and

THANK YOU SPONSORS!

Dirk
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 5:33:27 AM EDT
[#3]
That was a great turnout.  Thanks for putting it together Neil/Sam/Hawkeye.  That was the best shoot house to date!
Can't wait until next month!
VW
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 6:27:20 AM EDT
[#4]
I didnt have a chance to take many pics, but here are the ones I got. Thanks again to all the Sponsors.

Link Posted: 9/5/2003 8:06:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Great pictures Hawk!

Dirk

Link Posted: 9/5/2003 10:32:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Pics look great.  I took a few, but will have to wait till the roll is developed before I can scan (if any of them turned out ok).

Already looking forward to next shoot!!
Stephen
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 11:37:08 AM EDT
[#7]
[the jerk]I am somebody![/the jerk]
This is better than gettin your name in the phonebook!
Far as I know I was the only one shootin .308, and I oughta get a prize for being the guy that left the shoot house the most trashed!
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 12:14:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Far as I know I was the only one shootin .308, and I oughta get a prize for being the guy that left the shoot house the most trashed!

Great Picture Norm,

You ought to order that one from imagestation and frame it. I love that .308 target blaster!

Dirk
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 12:24:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/p9e98c7608429bd3367a40749f5359698/fb2e1cab.jpg

Great Picture Norm,

You ought to order that one from imagestation and frame it. I love that .308 target blaster!

Dirk

Wow, you can do that?  That'd be awesome.  How would I go about that?
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 12:27:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Email Neil for the link to imagestation folder  and you can order them. I need to do the same thing as there are some photos I want too. I've done it before and framed some great ones. The quality and price was better than I expected.

Dirk
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 1:19:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Good pics everyone was lotsa fun!
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 5:17:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the pics and to all who worked hard to set this up it was very well run
BigMike
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 7:47:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Heya Neil:

Any plans to post the scores?

Just curious.

-White Horse
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 7:41:51 PM EDT
[#14]
YEah, scores should get posted here and to our email list. I have the next couple days off work, so I hope to get it done soon.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 3:26:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks.

-White Horse
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 9:50:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Here's a few more pics sent to me by a couple folks!

Link Posted: 9/7/2003 9:52:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Holy Cow...an Eotech

Link Posted: 9/7/2003 10:02:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Is that Lake City?   If so, I wish I still lived there.....
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 10:05:33 PM EDT
[#20]
vids not coming up dude....
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 10:44:51 PM EDT
[#21]
And a few more pics...

Link Posted: 9/7/2003 10:48:45 PM EDT
[#22]
The videos work fine for me but they do seem to require RealDownload or some other DL program to download them first...
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 11:28:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Got it...working now.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 3:55:17 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
And now, a few small videos for your viewing pleasure...

www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/p957f9ce7f9be192e847cb91e1f174094/fb2e1a36.mpg
www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/pd4e438b85303d05b651640a3fd204803/fb2e185c.mpg
www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid77/pd4e438b85303d05b651640a3fd204803/fb2e185c.mpg

Cut and paste them into another window. Quick time worked that way for me.

Neil,

I think you have the same address for two of them, was there a third?

Dirk
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:38:19 AM EDT
[#25]
How about team scores/times?

Embarass me so I'll have to go practice more! (gr)
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 5:10:37 AM EDT
[#26]
That sure is a lot of people.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 3:45:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Gonna try to post a few pics from the shoot.  Been having trouble posting pics lately, so bare with me...

First is Wendy lounging.  We had a lot of time to wait, so she brought a book.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid78/p9d6b873f8d85264b11e2cf84cf9f1878/fb24940b.jpg

The range we use has some rather low ground.  I tried to capture just how muddy and wet we end up getting each month.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid78/pcc0b119926b66cf7ce2b320c7611b35e/fb24940a.jpg

One pic I took of a HiPoint (I believe that's what it was).  Interesting little carbine.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid78/p7d435e92cbafd805e4c50253b5d4cede/fb249408.jpg

Last is a pic of the shoot house.  I took this one mainly to show the location of a video camera I was using (middle right).  Hoping to one day get some of the video on the net.  It comes out pretty good.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid78/p474457c784824fde973a6aab7d4d45bb/fb249405.jpg

If these don't come out, I have more pics from this and other shoots (mostly me and Wendy) at printroom.com under the name "Neeglik."

Stephen

ps.
Ok, that didn't work; so I tried loading some pics to imagestation.com under "FDCC."  Hopefully these will load here on the page.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 3:54:51 PM EDT
[#28]

Its actually a Kel Tec carbine, instead of a High Point.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:02:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Hehe...you got it to work faster than I did...did you link them from Printroom?

Stephen
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:06:01 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Hehe...you got it to work faster than I did...did you link them from Printroom?

Stephen

Yup.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:08:50 PM EDT
[#31]
For the love of all that is good and holy, tell me how you did it.  It's driving me crazy.  I'm doing what I have always done before (and it's working on imagestation.com), but for the last week, I can't get them to post.

Stephen
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:12:21 PM EDT
[#32]
When ever you have the picture up on Print room, Right click on the picture. Go to properties. Copy the address there, and then use that address on here for the link.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:14:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Testing...
http://www.printroom.com/_vti_bin/ViewImage.dll?shopperid=J9NLPEJ736V49KHGEV9JT2U26C500439&userid=Neeglik&album_id=113319&image_id=17¶m=31414

If this don't work, I give up on printroom.com

added in edit...

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid78/pf450f76792705c4a4ff98c00feeb94a8/fb2493fd.jpg
ACK!!!!!  Same pic from both pic hosting sites.  I did exactly what you said.  I don't get it.  Like I said, I do the same thing at both pic sites, but printroom don't want to work for me.  Go figure...
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:22:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Thats wierd.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 7:03:42 PM EDT
[#35]
was that a match or a tactical fashion show??

:)   Looks like fun.

Link Posted: 9/9/2003 4:10:56 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
was that a match or a tactical fashion show??

:)   Looks like fun.

Please note my tactical yellow visor, as well as tactical adidas running shoes.
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 5:33:08 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
How about team scores/times?

Embarass me so I'll have to go practice more! (gr)

Come on guys.....Give Us Some Scores.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 4:31:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Im really very sorry I have not yet posted the scores. I will get to it as soon as I am able. Since the shoot, I have not had a day off andonly have access to a computer at home. My apologies.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 3:46:58 PM EDT
[#39]
SCORES...

SCORES...

My Kingdom For The Scores!

Come on guys, it would be a shame to have another match before posting the scores from the last one.

Link Posted: 9/21/2003 7:27:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Neil just doesnt want to show where He and his team placed
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 6:34:33 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Neil just doesnt want to show where He and his team placed

I really doubt that!  Neil and his boys can shoot.

My team won the team competition, but one of our guys (Mark - shot pistol) had a smoking run on the individual COF shooting an iron sighted HBAR.  We would very much like to know how he did overall.

I personally would like to know where the gentlemen shooting for KAC finished.  They were not the friendliest group of folks.  I've met alot of better shooters that were nicer people.

If anybody could help me out with any info, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 2:11:06 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I personally would like to know where the gentlemen shooting for KAC finished.  They were not the friendliest group of folks.  I've met alot of better shooters that were nicer people.

As the guy who did the score sheets, I can tell you that their scores would give you a good feeling of vindication in that case
Link Posted: 9/23/2003 4:27:29 AM EDT
[#43]
FYI, Neil is out of town for a couple of days.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 8:53:21 AM EDT
[#44]
I got the score sheets from Neil yesterday and I've started working on putting them together for posting.

Dirk
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 9:48:31 PM EDT
[#45]
I was doing all the prizes all day and didnt get a chance to see muxh of the shooting at all. I did however hear the Knights guy pretty much cleaned house on the sniper course. From what I heard, he beat almost everyone except Dirk who played a pinch sniper on many teams and had many chances to improve his score.

I heard the carbine guy from Knights did pretty average and that the pistol guy had a malfunction. I'd also like to add that from what I know, they came into this sight unseen and jumped in feet first. As someone who has competed in many, many dozens if not hundreds of these courses and competitions, I can tell you that your score, at times, rarely reflects your abilities.

Heck, the last three gun match at Gateway, I totally screwed up the last rifle course. I did the worst with my rifle overall and the best with my shotgun. And rifle is my strong point, shotgun is the gun I shoot least. All Im saying is, dont put too much emphasis on the scores or placement.

That being said, I sure am glad Sam is taking care of this. I get about an hour or two to get online before I go to sleep every night after being at one job from 8-4 and another job from 5-11. That two hours just isnt enough to tab all the scores. Sorry for such a extended delay in getting these posted.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 10:24:31 PM EDT
[#46]
I was just kidding about the above comment as im sure Neil knows . Im in no place to say much about people's shooting or their scores yet as the 3 year was my first time
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 4:27:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Neil, first of all, thanks for all the work you put into this.  I agree that among shooters of equal abilities it's often an "any given sunday" type of deal.  But, I believe that a true measure of your abilities is what you can do "On Demand".  A skilled shooter having a bad day is still going to have a better score than the average shooter.

I didn't mean to flame the guys from KAC.  I tried to point out to their carbine guy that he'd stuck his muzzle/suppressor in the mud when he bent over to pick up his mag; he blew me off.  I guess I didn't look tactical enough for him.  Then he asked the guy standing in front of him (who happened to be one of my guys) what a good time on that COF would be.  When my buddy told him that the gentleman he'd just blown off had beat him by about 8-10 seconds, he got pissed and left.

I'm the kind of guy that will loan you my gun/gear in a match, even if your the guy that can beat me.  Most of our shooters are that way, and from what I saw at your match, I'd bet most of your guys would do the same.  The guys from KAC had some great gear, and they could have done a lot of good for themselves and their employer if they'd mingled with the common folks.  Maybe I've got them all wrong, but I'm big on first impressions.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 5:12:30 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Neil, first of all, thanks for all the work you put into this.  I agree that among shooters of equal abilities it's often an "any given sunday" type of deal.  But, I believe that a true measure of your abilities is what you can do "On Demand".  A skilled shooter having a bad day is still going to have a better score than the average shooter.

I didn't mean to flame the guys from KAC.  I tried to point out to their carbine guy that he'd stuck his muzzle/suppressor in the mud when he bent over to pick up his mag; he blew me off.  I guess I didn't look tactical enough for him.  Then he asked the guy standing in front of him (who happened to be one of my guys) what a good time on that COF would be.  When my buddy told him that the gentleman he'd just blown off had beat him by about 8-10 seconds, he got pissed and left.

I'm the kind of guy that will loan you my gun/gear in a match, even if your the guy that can beat me.  Most of our shooters are that way, and from what I saw at your match, I'd bet most of your guys would do the same.  The guys from KAC had some great gear, and they could have done a lot of good for themselves and their employer if they'd mingled with the common folks.  Maybe I've got them all wrong, but I'm big on first impressions.

I think several people had similar experiences to yours.  My impression?  The pros from Dover weren't exactly all they were cracked up to be.  But, the nice thing is, it serves as proof that you can have the baddest gear around, but skill is what matters.  Reminds me of when I used to take money from the $300 cue guys when I was using a house cue.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 8:32:15 PM EDT
[#49]
I'll simply have to deffer to your guys judgement. I wasnt outside at all and really only saw one of the KAC guys. I didnt even see the one guys girlfriend, whom I have been told was someone to see! I also missed almost all of their guns and gear which was a disapointment.

We'll see if we cant get them to come back up, and maybe get the feel for what FDCC is all about. The best thing about FDCC in my view is how it is both super competitive, but ultra casual and friendly. Some of us who usually finish towards the top ofthe heap are always thinking of ways to steal the show and stomp the other guy. But its all in good fun. And when I get stomped (which BTW has been the norm as of late) I am always laughing right along side whomever it is that stopmed me.

The unofficial 5th safety rule of FDCC is to have thick skin, because we are fierce and merciless with one another. If you hang around us for any amount of time, you cant help but loosen up a little!
Link Posted: 9/27/2003 5:42:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Don't pick on me. I'm sensitive.....

Oh, by the way, how many shoot-offs have I won in a row?

Dirk
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top