Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2003 7:36:08 AM EDT
My wife and I are thinking about moving out of South Florida and we are considering the Ocala Area.

Are there any members out there who live in or near Ocala that can give a good SITREP on the area?  Any Pros or Cons? Any words of advice?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 1:33:39 PM EDT
[#1]
What do you want to know.  I work (M.C.S.O.) and live in Marion County.  You can contact me off line at [email protected]

Dan Jones
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 7:42:31 PM EDT
[#2]
My family and I just moved back home to Florida, Lady Lake-Leesburg area, just south of Ocala and we really love it here.

Marion County and the Ocala area is really nice with rolling hills and horse farms everywhere.

Can't go wrong with North-Central Florida
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 5:15:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I have lived in Ocala for the last 20 years. Hit me off line at [email protected]. Put AR15.com in the header so I don't delete it. I will try to answer any questions.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 5:16:50 AM EDT
[#4]
I have lived in Ocala for the last 20 years. Hit me off line at [email protected]. Put AR15.com in the header so I don't delete it. I will try to answer any questions.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 2:38:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Greg I lived in Gainesville for 8 years in college/grad school.  If you want to know my opinion of the area (Ocala is just south of Gainesville) let me know.  I'd probably move there if I was your age
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 9:03:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'd probably move there if I was your age

Why?  Because I'm old and decrepit?

I'll talk to you about it when I see you at the next IDPA match at Markham Park.

Edited to add:  AGR1279 and TonyM, thanks for the offer of information.  I'll be sending emails soon.  

Ocala might be a little too close to Ganinesville for my comfort (being an Auburn graduate and all) though we do love the area.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 2:19:14 PM EDT
[#7]
FLGreg,

I definitely can help you if you move to Marion County.  We have plenty of room in the local motel for Auburn Alumni.  I can even give you a ride in the back of my chariot and let you wear a set of bracelets.

Dan
UF Alumni.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 6:14:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Best free advice... get a Jeep or 4x4 truck
you will want to rome the woods. It's a great area only about 30 min from where I live now. but we still spend alot of time there
BM
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 9:07:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
FLGreg,

I definitely can help you if you move to Marion County.  We have plenty of room in the local motel for Auburn Alumni.  I can even give you a ride in the back of my chariot and let you wear a set of bracelets.

Dan
UF Alumni.

Dan:

After Auburn's last 2 football games, I am keeping a low profile as an AU Alumni.

I'll probabily remove my AU Alumni License plate cover so I don't end up in the Greybar Hotel courtesy of some disgruntled Gator fan/LEO that is still holding a grudge against Auburn for blowing Spurrier's last chance at a college national championship in 2001.

I hope, at least, we can agree on being Hurricane Haters.

Greg
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 2:55:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Greg,

Let me know what type of info.  I can overlook the Auburn thing.  I will agree on the anti-cane thing.  I was totally suprised and not suprised at UF.  They have the splended way of yanking defeat out of the jaws of victory.  Made the canes earn that victory.

Dan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top