Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/3/2003 6:14:50 AM EDT
FDCC will be holding its 3 year anniversary shoot on Sunday, August 31st. It will be at the Lake City Range in the Osceola National Forest. Directions to that range can be seen ON OUR WWW SITE. We'll get going about 9:30am. This will be an all day affair.

OVERVIEW OF EVENT;
This shoot will include two individual rifle courses, and one team course. The individual rifle courses will be in the same style as every other course we have ever done. The team course will require a three shooter team consisting of a sniper, a rifle shooter and a handgun shooter. Come with your own team or pair up with others at the match.

There will be an ongoing gear sale throughout the day and a BBQ at noon time. At the conclusion of the match, we will raffle off all prizes that have been donated. Prizes are NOT for winners, they are door prizes and raffle prizes. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place members of the team course and regular courses will all receive certificates of achievement and a lot of complaints from the losers!!!

FEES;
Participating in the courses are, as always, 100% free. There is no cost at all to participate in this event. However, those shooters who pay $20 will receive one yellow food ticket and one blue raffle ticket for prizes valued at $100 or less. Additional yellow food tickets will be sold for a reasonable fee to those shooters who did not pay the $20.

All blue raffle tickets will be thrown in a bucket and drawn one by one. Each time a ticket is drawn, the winner will choose his/her prize until all prizes are gone. There will be other juicy benefits to those of you spending the $20 fee. We just haven't worked all the details out yet.

Red raffle tickets will be sold for $5 each. These tickets will be used to raffle off donations we have received that are valued at over $100. You can buy as many tickets as you want, but you will only win one time until everyone who bought a ticket has won. These tickets are available right now, so email me if you want some now ([email protected]). $100+ prizes being raffled are in RED.

LIST OF DOOR/RAFFLE PRIZES
2 - Surefire M500a
10 – Surefire “Let’s Roll” Posters
4 – Surefire T-shirts (XL)
11 – Surefire Stickers
5 – Surefire Hats
1 – Surefire G2
1 – Streamlight Keychain w/ LED
1 - ASP LED Light
1 – 1st Samco AR15 Mag Coupler
1 – Fobus Universal Home/Vehicle Mount
1 – Knights Armament RAS
1 – Knights Armament RIS
2 – Knights Forward Grip
1 – Knights Sling w/ QD mounts
1 – Knights Rifle Lock
1 – Knights shirt (XL)
1 – Magpul M93 Stock
20 – Magpul Ergo Grip Kit
60 – Magpuls
1 – Year Membership to AR15.com
4 - Embroidered AR15.com caps
2 - Embroidered AR15.com pocket T shirts (XL)
1 - Embroidered Amendment II Molon Labe button T shirt (3XL)
4 – Trijicon T-Shirts (2 M - 2 L)
1 – Trijicon Hat
75 – Trijicon Stickers
1 – Kurts Custom Firearms A2 Tac Brake
1 – Kurts Kustom Firearms A3 Tac Brake
1 – Vltor A2 Mod Stock
1- Vltor A1 Mod Stock
1- Vltor Standard Carbine Stock
2 – Ace Forward Grip
5 - sets of SWFA posters
10 – SWFA drink kozies
4 – BladeTech Glock holsters (fits any Glock 9mm/40cal)
4 - BladeTech 1911 holsters (fits any 1911)
1 – CQB Solutions Tan 3 point sling for collapsible stock
1 – CQB Solutions Olive 3 point sling for fixed stock
1 - CQB Solutions Black HST single point sling
1 – CQB Solutions thigh AR mag pouch
1 - CQB Last Resort Belt, large, black
1 - CQB Operator Series Chest Pouch, OD
4 - On Point Fireamrs T-shirts
5 – AR15 mag LULA’s
1 - GG&G Vertical Foregrip (w/ battery storage)
1 - GG&G UFIR for AR15
1 - GG&G Single Point Sling loop for adjustable stock
1 - GG&G Single Point Sling loop for fixed stock
1 - GG&G Benelli Charging Handle
1 - GG&G D&D light mount
1 - GG&G SliC mount
1 - GG&G Tactical Impact Device for Scorpion light
1 - GG&G Tactical Impact Device for E2e
1 - Magcinch
1 - Voucher for EoTech Mod 510 @$190 (list price is $339)
1 - Voucher for EoTech Mod 510aa @ $230 (list price is $389)
2 - RB Precision T shirts
5 - RBP stainless A2 sight tools
3 - RBP tactical mag buttons
1 - RPB Billet mag block
2 - RBP detent install/remove tools
3 - Rock River Hats
2 - Rock River t-shirts
1 - Rock River Arms stripped lower
10 - Battle Grips
1 - Free Range Membership at Gun Gallery indoor range, Jacksonville, FL
1 - POF-USA full length Predator Rail system
1 - Blackhawk Ind. Sniper in the Grass Poster
2 - Blackhawk Ind. Hydrastorm t-shirts (1 L, 1 XL)
75 - Blackhawk Stickers
75 - Blackhawk Catalogs
2 - FDCC t-shirts (XL)
6 - Wht Embroidered Bushmaster tshirts (2M, 2L, 2XL)
10 - Embroidered Bushmaster hats (5 blk, 5 tan)
60 - Bushmaster targets
60 - Bushmaster stickers
2 - Bushmaster pins

There are more prizes and sponsors on their way. We will add to the list as we receive them.

In order to help FDCC raise funds to buy the steel targets we hope to purchase with the funds from this event, one of our members is also raffling off a chance to win your own personal machine gun shoot. He is only selling 20 chances at $10 per chance. If you win, you will have the opportunity to shoot, at absolutely no cost to yourself, 100 rounds of ammo through the following NFA Registered full auto weapons:

Colt M4 wearing the SOCOM equipment
Heckler & Koch MPSD
MAC 10 .45 with suppressor
Israel Military Industries Uzi

And 100 rounds of ammo to shoot through various suppressed .22 cal firearms. If you win you will get together and work out the when and where details.

SPONSORS
We sincerely need to thank all of the very gracious sponsors who have donated all of the door and raffle prizes. Without them this would not be near as interesting as it turned out to be. Please think of their generosity to this event when you are considering your next purchase.

AR15.com
BlackHawk Ind.
Blade-Tech
Bushmaster
CQB Solutions
Dedicated Professionals
EoTech
GG&G
Gun Gallery Inc.
Knights Armament
Kurts Kustom Firearms
MagLULA
Magpul Industries
MSTN
On Point Firearms
POF-USA
Rock River Arms
RBPrecision
Sable Co.
SOE Gear
SWFA
Surefire
Tango Down, LLC
Trijicon
Vltor
West End Country Embroidery
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 6:23:01 AM EDT
[#1]
If anyone has ANY questions whatsoever, please ask here. One of us will reply ASAP!!!
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 6:25:07 AM EDT
[#2]

Dirk
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 6:27:20 AM EDT
[#3]
look here to see all the fun we had last month!

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=10&t=171677&page=2
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 6:32:21 AM EDT
[#4]
THANK YOU SPONSORS!

Dirk
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 7:54:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh man! This is going to be fun. The sponsors deserve a big thanks.

The COF's are looking very interesting for this one. The team event is going to rock!
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 2:48:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Tick tock tick tock......
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 2:53:21 PM EDT
[#7]
A big HOOAH! to all the sponsors!! You guys ROCK!
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 3:33:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm going to try and make this one.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 3:40:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm going to try and make this one.  

{GASP!}    
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 6:34:24 PM EDT
[#10]
How do you get there from Tampa?
I am not Fl native.
Link Posted: 8/3/2003 9:12:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I've been trying to attend one of these for months now but I haven't had a chance yet. Do I have to e-mail anyone to let them know if I will be participating in the team shoot beforehand or do we just show up with our teams and work it all out there?

FDCC shoots seem like sooo much fun, but I live in the Fort Lauderdale area so it's one hell of a drive. Anyone want to carpool?
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 4:27:09 AM EDT
[#12]
If anyone wants to come up to Jax Sat. and spend the night, I have one person coming to stay with me, but could put up 1 or 2 others. You could then follow me to the shoot Sunday, and then head home from there. Keep you out of town guys from having to do so much driving in one day.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 5:02:18 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
How do you get there from Tampa?
I am not Fl native.

www.floridashootersnetwork.com/fdcc4.html

Lake City's about 2 1/2 hours from Tampa...

Dirk
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 5:56:25 AM EDT
[#14]
2 1/2 hours?  Are you sure?  Just did a mapquest from Clearwater and it showed 3 1/2...I know I add a little bit coming from Clearwater, but not that much, surely.

If I can get anyone to buy the dang Colt 20" I'm trying to sell in time to get the M4 I want I will definatley be there.  If so I'd be happy to car pool with other Tampa-ites.

Looks like way too much fun.  Just wish you guys weren't way the up north!

Jason
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 7:02:36 AM EDT
[#15]
More sponsors added today! The door/raffle prizes they send will be added as soon as they arrive. The FDCC www site has also been updated with all the current info and has a link to this very thread!
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 8:46:30 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
2 1/2 hours? Are you sure? Just did a mapquest from Clearwater and it showed 3 1/2...

Is that going 70mph?  

Dirk
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 9:33:14 AM EDT
[#17]
I'll be there.  Let me know if I can do anything to help out.  I'm also trying to get one of my cute little friends to join me.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 10:21:05 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
2 1/2 hours? Are you sure? Just did a mapquest from Clearwater and it showed 3 1/2...

Is that going 70mph?  

Dirk

On ur recent trip from Jax to Longboat Key and back took just over 4 hours each way, and I had the Expedition passing those doing 70.
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 11:33:31 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Do I have to e-mail anyone to let them know if I will be participating in the team shoot beforehand or do we just show up with our teams and work it all out there?

WE'RE FORMING TEAMS NOW

Email me at [email protected] with your preferred position (Sniper, Carbine, Handgun) and I'll put you on a team or your team if you already have one.

Thanks,

Dirk
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 4:15:52 PM EDT
[#20]
I am for sure coming.  I'm trying to wrangle up some of the SoFla crew to join me.  Got at least one showing definate interest.  I have been wanting to come back and shoot with ya'll, it's been over 2 years since I've been and this seems like the perfect opportunity to do so.
Let me know if ya'll need folks to show up early to help with setup etc.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 5:20:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Any info on what the shooting stages will be like?
Link Posted: 8/4/2003 7:54:16 PM EDT
[#22]
For the team event;
Sniper will be responsible for hitting a relatively low but yet unspecified number of steel plates up to 200 yards in unspecified order.

Carbine shooter will be responsible for hitting unspecified amount of man size targets between zero and fifty yards.

Pistol shooter will be responsible for hitting unspecified amount of man sized targets between zero and fifteen yards or so.

For the individual shoots, be prepared to run your carbine through a course engaging man sized targets from 0 to 50 yards.

And thats about all Im willing to say. For those of you who have not been before, I will say this. Our shoots require far more thinking and nerve than they do mags or ammo. Oh, and while the targets are man sized, there is nothing to say that I am required to make that entire target available for you to hit .

If you have two mags and 100 rounds, you will have enough. Im not saying thats all you should bring, Im just saying if thats all you have, I doubt you'll run out.

This is a WARNING!!! far in advance... We are expecting a lot of people. We have VERY limited facilities. This is not to say there wont be room for you, the range we use is big enough, but we have access to ONLY one range. This means that there will be a lot more time spent sitting around and talking with everyone else than there will be time behind the gun.

You WILL have LONG waits in between your turns to shoot. I wish this werent so and I wish there was something else we could do to change this. We are doing everything we know how to reduce set up times and keep things moving along. But the simple fact that we will have so many shooters and access to only one range means only one person will be shooting at a time and there's just nothing else we can do about that.

If you're like most people, you will have fun sitting and talking with all the folks who are there. Our crowd is a real laid back, casual type crew. And there is, without question, the baddest ARs and gear you will likely see assembled in one place. We hope you all come and have a good time.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 5:27:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Hi new ar guy.Hey if you need a volunteer,just let me know.I have made sure i have the day off,so i WILL be their this time.I would be glad to help.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#24]
I've been to that range but never to one of the club events.  At the very least I plan to grab some pals and spectate.  We normally bring a CETME, AK, SW5 (HK 94 clone) and hoepfully by then 1 SW52 (HK clone in 7.62X39).  I look forward to meeting you guys and checking out the scene.

Kevin
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 5:12:25 PM EDT
[#25]

Originally posted by: Accomplice
I've been to that range but never to one of the club events. At the very least I plan to grab some pals and spectate. We normally bring a CETME, AK, SW5 (HK 94 clone) and hoepfully by then 1 SW52 (HK clone in 7.62X39). I look forward to meeting you guys and checking out the scene.

Kevin

Shall I sign you up?

Dirk
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 5:39:47 PM EDT
[#26]
do we need to sign up or register or whatever?
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 6:20:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Norman74,

Email me [email protected] with your team names and positions or your preferred 1st & 2nd position (sniper,carbine,or handgun) and I'll place you on a team. Hope your SFDCC buddies can make it.

Dirk
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 5:01:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Dam I'll have to miss another one.
I've been wanting to come to one of your events.
Maybe next time.
I'll be full auto blasting at henando sportsmans club that day.
So It wont be a total loss..
Hope every one has fun safe shooting.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 11:54:26 AM EDT
[#29]
It looks like there is still a slim chance that I'll be able to get my SW52 (HK clone that takes AK mags) in time for this event.  If I do, I surely will bring it out for some test firing.  The 8" barrel may be too short to be competitive in your event (better than blaming my poor eye sight).  But I'll watch you guys do your competition.  When facing the three ranges you guys use the one in the middle mostly right?

Kevin
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 12:08:52 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
It looks like there is still a slim chance that I'll be able to get my SW52 (HK clone that takes AK mags) in time for this event.  If I do, I surely will bring it out for some test firing.  The 8" barrel may be too short to be competitive in your event (better than blaming my poor eye sight).  But I'll watch you guys do your competition.  When facing the three ranges you guys use the one in the middle mostly right?

Kevin

Dont worry, you can be competative.
We are always on the far right.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 3:12:15 PM EDT
[#31]
Dirk,
It looks like I will be coming for sure, so I would like to be placed on a team either pistol or carbine.  From your sites pictures, I take it we are allowed to wear drop down holsters and or load bearing vests?
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 3:40:56 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Dirk,
It looks like I will be coming for sure, so I would like to be placed on a team either pistol or carbine.  From your sites pictures, I take it we are allowed to wear drop down holsters and or load bearing vests?

If you dont wear some gear.............your just wierd!

Link Posted: 8/12/2003 9:41:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Wear whatever you like, but all you NEED is a rifle, about 100 rounds and 2 mags. Anything else is optional. A lot of us sure do like options though!!!
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 3:06:02 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Dirk,
It looks like I will be coming for sure, so I would like to be placed on a team either pistol or carbine. From your sites pictures, I take it we are allowed to wear drop down holsters and or load bearing vests?

stang1,

You're on the list....

Dirk
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 7:29:33 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Wear whatever you like, but all you NEED is a rifle, about 100 rounds and 2 mags. Anything else is optional. A lot of us sure do like options though!!!

Yes, some of us do.
Options = good.

Link Posted: 8/13/2003 1:45:33 PM EDT
[#36]

Whew... motley looking crew there. Gun nuts by the look of them.

Dirk

Link Posted: 8/13/2003 4:40:07 PM EDT
[#37]
Hawkeye,

Bringing the new UCR?
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 5:14:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Just a few questions:

How large will the sniper targets be and at what range will we engage them?  Do you know how many?  Should I bring a mat for prone or will we use the convenient bench?

Thanks,
White Horse
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 8:37:39 PM EDT
[#39]
I dont want to say too much about what the course will be like. But I understand people not wanting to come into this blind. All I will say is that snipers will be expected to hit medium size targets from between zero and 200 yards. There will not be a lot of targets so it will be friendly to those of you shooting bolt guns with small capacity. There will be a Matt provided to the snipers, and we will not be shooting from the bench. All sniper shooting wil be done from prone.
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 9:45:26 PM EDT
[#40]
More prizes added tonight... more on their way!!!
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 3:50:11 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
There will be a Matt provided to the snipers, and we will not be shooting from the bench.

Excuse me?
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 4:32:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Maybe I missed it, what time does the shindig start?
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 4:34:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Also, and I hope I didn't overstep my bounds here, but I posted about this on fsn
pub145.ezboard.com/ffloridashootersnetworkfrm1.showMessage?topicID=2699.topic

Not sure how many of you are members, or check that board very often.  If it's a problem let me know.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 4:41:25 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
There will be a Matt provided to the snipers, and we will not be shooting from the bench.

Excuse me?

A bit boney, but you'll do.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 4:42:06 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Hawkeye,

Bringing the new UCR?

But of course.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 4:44:20 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Maybe I missed it, what time does the shindig start?

9:00. Quite a few of us will be there before that.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 7:58:00 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Excuse me?

He's way too boney, I need something soft to prop up on....

Dirk
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 8:02:19 AM EDT
[#48]

Originally posted by: Norman74
Also, and I hope I didn't overstep my bounds here, but I posted about this on fsn

Not sure how many of you are members, or check that board very often. If it's a problem let me know.

Alot of us are members over there, it's no problem at all. In fact one of us usually post our events there also. Try to get them to email me so I can setup teams and for headcount.

Thanks,

Dirk
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 8:07:07 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Excuse me?

He's way too boney, I need something soft to prop up on....

Dirk

Isnt that what...oh..wait..uh, never mind.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 8:13:03 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Originally posted by: Norman74

Not sure how many of you are members, or check that board very often. If it's a problem let me know.

Alot of us are members over there, it's no problem at all. In fact one of us usually post our events there also. Try to get them to email me so I can setup teams and for headcount.

Thanks,

Dirk

I posted a link to this thread, but I'll encourage them to email as well.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top