Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2003 5:39:48 AM EDT
Guys....

I posted in GD that Mrs Storm is looking at taking a painting course.

The two options are Near Seattle WA and

LEESBURG Fla.

Sooo..

You are my info source for florida I hope.

A few questions...

How far is it from the airport in Orlando?  As that is where she will most likely be flying into?

Could anyone volunteer to be her emergency contact?

I konw that it is unlikely that anything bad would happen........but it would help me sleep better at night.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 7:03:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Leesburg will be roughly one hour from the Orlando Int'l Airport (give or take 15 minutes, depending on where in Leesburg the painting class is located, traffic, etc.)

We're two hours (SW) from Leesburg, but she can contact my wife or myself if she needs anything urgent.

Some of the guys on this board from Orlando would be closer, most of them probably live within 40 minutes.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 7:19:58 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks .556

Like I said....probably nothing would go wrong.

However if I did not set up an emergency protocol before she went and something happened I could never forgive myself...

I just wish we could afford for both of us to go down.....I would love to try out some class 3 toys!!

LOL!

After checking into things the Florida trip is most likely.

The flight cost is about 1/3 of the Seattle version and the hotels seem to be cheaper as well.

Link Posted: 7/27/2003 9:47:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh I should point out her trip is from Sept 9th to the 14th.

Also I am moving to a new home in a week and a half and will be offline until at least Sept 4th or so....

I might be able to log in from my Sisters place......

Cheers
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 7:40:43 PM EDT
[#4]
My wife and I are in Lady Lake, Florida which is about 9 miles North of Leesburg.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help out should something go wrong.

Bob
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 5:59:33 AM EDT
[#5]
IM sent!

All you Floridians are great!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top