Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2003 6:22:06 AM EDT
Hi guys.  I just wanted to ask a few of you guys that live in Florida that are politically correct a question.  I wanted to know if there is any new state legislation on the table that is not in our favor.  I've heard that Broward county sheriff Ken Jenne desires banning "assauly weapons" in the county.  Is that true?  I'm moving back down there from NY, partially beacause the laws here are a bit too restrictive. Thanks for any feedback...

John    
Link Posted: 6/5/2003 12:49:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Our state legislature is solidly pro-gun. As far as I know, no anti-gun bill has a chance of passing right now, and Governer Jeb is pro-gun too. We have a state pre-emption law preventing any jurisdiction below the state level from making any gun laws. I have heard that the Broward County Comission has tried to ban assault rifles and was smacked down by Jeb. I think SteyrAUG knows more about this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top