Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2003 2:01:22 PM EDT
I stopped to see the facilities today. Did I read correctly that you cannot bring your own shells for Trap and Skeet?
Can you shoot your own loads on the rifle and pistol range?
I'm moving from up state NY where I belong to a club. $50 per year membership, $2.50 per round for Skeet or Trap. The round cost here is twice as much if I have to buy their ammo I may have to stop shooting.
Gerry
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:02:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I worked at Markham Park for two years.  Unless something changed in the last year, of course you can shoot your own ammo.  Their ammo prices are ridiculous.

I wouldn't recommend buying ammo from them even if you wanted to.

As far as I know, you can shoot whatever the hell you want.

Just beware of the range Nazi's.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 4:40:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I have shot a few rounds of skeet there and everyone except me was shooting their own loads, I had brought my own factory ammo. No problem.
The rifle range is as nice as the skeet / trap facility you saw. Strict rules, but a safe range. There are a lot of people thru that range and backyard casual doesnt work there.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 3:40:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the information. I did hear the attendant telling people they could not shoot in sandals or tank tops. Sandals I can understand. Tank tops??
I like safe. I'd rather be yelled at than shoot with people being unsafe.
Gerry
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:08:13 AM EDT
[#4]
An open shirt like a tank top leaves you susceptible to hot brass going down your shirt.  More a problem with females.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:01:23 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
An open shirt like a tank top leaves you susceptible to hot brass going down your shirt.  More a problem with females.  

Many moons ago, when the Wife was just the Girlfriend I took her with me to shoot my brand new G17. The shirt she wore was very low cut.
After I ran a few mags through the pistol, I put two rounds in a mag, inserted the mag, and chambered a round for her.
She took the pistol, carefully aimed at the target, slowly squeezed the trigger and fired the pistol.
The empty casing ejected from the pistol as it should, bounced off the wall of the firing point and rebounded back at her(do you see where this is going yet?)
As active as Mr. Murphy is in my life, their was only one place for that HOT caseing to go. Down the front of her blouse and lodging itself in her bra.
Being relatively new to firearms, her reaction surprised me. She calmly(yet rapidly) placed the Glock on the table to her front, the started jumping up and down, cursing and trying to remove the offending object from her bossum.
She finally had to partially remove her blouse and expose herself to get the casing out of her brazire.

I tried to buy the security tape from the manager of the range, but with a smile he told me "Nope, that one is going into the "best of" collection"

echo6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top